Menomena - I Am The Fun Blame Monster / Deluxe 2xLP Vinyl Reissue

https://slyvinyl.com/genres/indierock/menomena-i-am-the-fun-blame-monster-slyvinyl-exclusive-deluxe-vinyl-reissue

spacer.png

SlyVinyl Records is pleased to release the Deluxe Reissue of Menomena‘s debut album ‘I Am The Fun Blame Monster‘. Orders will begin Friday, December 6th @ 9AM PST on the SlyVinyl webshop (store.slyvinyl.com).

spacer.png

This Deluxe Reissue pays homage to the original CD and vinyl editions with elements of each thoughtfully incorporated into the design.

• Remastered For Vinyl (Original Album & B-Side Tracks)
  • Limited Edition of 500 Copies
  • Black & White Swirl Vinyl 2xLP (180g)
  • Disc A/B – The Original Album (9 Tracks)
  • Disc C/D – The Album B-Sides (9 Tracks)
  • Gatefold Pop-Up ‘Fun Blame Monster’
  • OBI Strip
  • Digital Download Code (All 18 Tracks)

spacer.png

In tribute to the original origami packaging of the first edition vinyl, the inner panels of the gatefold jacket has a custom pop-up ‘Fun Blame Monster‘. You wont want to miss this piece of vinyl history!

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Been a long time since I’ve had a chance to throw money at the Sly gang.  This is the Menomena album I’ve visited the least, but I’ll be sure to do so before Friday.  Packaging and variant look great.  Any idea what the price point may be, or did I miss it on the product page?

$35 for the 2xLP with the deluxe pop up jacket and the digital copy.

17 minutes ago, ntslash said:

Yes, I do need another copy of this album. I hope it sounds as good as the standard black pressing I have now. 

This pressing sounds great. Newly remastered and giving it a side by side with the OG presses, I have to say I'm biased towards the new cut! 

Plus an entire album's worth of B-Side tracks! What's not to love? 

I wonder if VMP members that got 'Friend and Foe' a while back would be more inclined to snag this earlier album as well. 

Friend and Foe also had a really cool jacket design. Tri-fold gatefold, with a pinwheel built into the very front, and when spun it would cycle through the tracklisting. 

On 12/2/2019 at 12:51 PM, EHughes527 said:

This pressing sounds great. Newly remastered and giving it a side by side with the OG presses, I have to say I'm biased towards the new cut! 

Plus an entire album's worth of B-Side tracks! What's not to love? 

Looks like the page was taken down. Is this still happening? Been looking forward to it all week! 

1 hour ago, diabretic said:

do you say this bands name like that Muppets song?

Yezzir!    This is still my favorite album from them.   Got to catch them several times back in the day out in Austin at SXSWs and in BHam at Bottletree.  They were always super nice.   Wish I had money to throw at this.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:47 AM, EHughes527 said:

You may luck out, we've still got ~150ish copies. So it's possible it'll still be in stock for a little while longer.

I sure hope so, but it may be a hot minute until I’m able. Are there plans to do another run on a different color or something later down the line or is this a one-time gig?

17 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

I sure hope so, but it may be a hot minute until I’m able. Are there plans to do another run on a different color or something later down the line or is this a one-time gig?

Uncertain if we'll do more after this run. 

Not saying it'll never happen, but we'd have to feel pretty confident that there was demand for another 500 units. 

On 12/9/2019 at 3:47 PM, DecayToDeath said:

Can't believe I missed this thread until now! Unfortunately I can't really do $35 right now, so it's looking like I'll have to miss out 😕

Do you have a list of stuff you're looking to trade or sell? I would be happy to order a copy of Fun Blame Monster for you in exchange for something I want. 

2 hours ago, ntslash said:

Do you have a list of stuff you're looking to trade or sell? I would be happy to order a copy of Fun Blame Monster for you in exchange for something I want. 

I’m coming home today from my semester and by tonight I’m gonna have my discogs updated with stuff I bought and had shipped to my dad’s house. I’ll let you know and you can take a look then, if you’d like.