Cloudkicker - Unending

1 minute ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Got that blue/blue, I’m glad he decided print this release, I seem to remember that he had said elsewhere that he wouldn’t go through the hassle anymore.  Album is great!

Yea he definitely said that. Glad he pressed it too. I like this one the most since Beacons. 

28 minutes ago, KyleHL said:

I hope that free shipping doesn’t bite him in the butt. It cost like $25 to ship overseas. 😬

There are options outside of USPS that are far cheaper and don't require proxies/distributers. But really hope either option is easy on him; I want more records from him.

4 minutes ago, whoa said:

There are options outside of USPS that are far cheaper and don't require proxies/distributers. But really hope either option is easy on him; I want more records from him.

What’s cheaper? We ship LPs ourselves (from NYC) but everything seems to be really expensive. 

7 hours ago, ExtraFox said:

$30 and free shipping, including international (I only tested the UK though).

Australia as well......Snagged the splatter

I gave on variant collecting Cloudkicker a while back but it was a bit of fun. Stoked this is getting a press.

I found the EPs recently out in the wild which is a fuckin rare site down here in Australia, Not just for that release but any CC

17 hours ago, whoa said:

Captured Tracks (and Temporary Residence use to) use DHL International which is $8. They get really special kisses from me.

Not sure what sorcery they used but when I do the online quote generator, an LP to the Netherlands (using as an example since I have to ship one) was is $109usd!! I don’t get it. 

22 minutes ago, KyleHL said:

Not sure what sorcery they used but when I do the online quote generator, an LP to the Netherlands (using as an example since I have to ship one) was is $109usd!! I don’t get it. 

Ah, I believe it's a service you need an account for, DHL eCommerce  (not DHL Express) or so I gather from Omnian's FAQs. Not sure how financially viable this is for labels though, but hope it's something worth considering, especially since USPS international shipping hike.

18 minutes ago, whoa said:

Ah, I believe it's a service you need an account for, DHL eCommerce  (not DHL Express) or so I gather from Omnian's FAQs. Not sure how financially viable this is for labels though, but hope it's something worth considering, especially since USPS international shipping hike.

Ahhh, Got it. Thank you.
Dang. Makes sense for labels but not for individuals only selling a handful of LPs. It’s such a bummer it costs so much. Thank u though!

• 6 months later...

Bump. From Bandcamp:

"Hey, hello. Just wanted to say hi and thanks for everything over the years. I have two things that I’m excited about right now.

First, I’m going to reissue Beacons, Let Yourself Be Huge, Fade, and Subsume as a 4xLP set. New artwork, audio has been reworked, Subsume has been remastered. 500 copies, hand-numbered, signed. The works. I’d like to do more copies but they’re ridiculously expensive to produce so this will probably be it.

Second, I finished a new album called “Solitude”. It’s 49 minutes long and will be a 2xLP. I had 94 straight days at home not working, and this is how I spent it. 8 hours a day, every day. 2 tracks feature Sacha Dunable from Intronaut doing cool stuff like slide guitar and mellotron and using all sorts of strange pedals. The digital version has been mastered by my old friend Erol Ulug from the disgustingly heavy band Teeth. The vinyl is being mastered by Dan Wilburn who mastered the latest Intronaut record.

I don’t know when these things are going to be released but I’m hoping I can coincide one or both of them with the 10th anniversary of Beacons on 9/16/20."