PO: Lightning Bolt - Ride the Skies reissue

zaoza

499_blue_front.jpg?1575575485

http://thrilljockey.com/products/ride-the-skies

Lightning Bolt’s Ride the Skies sees a true classic from the band’s catalogue back in print for the first time in a long time. Arguably the first album where the duo first truly nailed their patented sound, Ride the Skies saw Lightning Bolt refine the auditory chaos of their self-titled debut into something much more concise and direct, bulking out pieces with more muscular sonics without sacrificing the sheer velocity and wild energy that made their first release so exhilarating.

Edited by zaoza

Thanks a ton for posting this one.  Been waiting a while to add this to my collection.  I've been relying on Bandcamp e-mails to scoop up the last few reissues, and was surprised to see it's only available at Thrill Jockey so far.  Glad they're continuing the same artsy packaging, too.  I love how quickly these are rolling in – feels like the S/T went up just a few weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, thetrackt said:

Are the LB reissues limited or something? 

Thrill Jockey still has this in stock which leads me to believe that bortx just meant that these are dropping / happening in rapid succession.  (To which I’d agree.)

But to answer your question specifically, the color versions of these reissues are selling out surprisingly quick, yeah.

I still don’t see RTS the bandcamp page.  I imagine only Thrill Jockey will be selling it.

19 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Thrill Jockey still has this in stock which leads me to believe that bortx just meant that these are dropping / happening in rapid succession.  (To which I’d agree.)

But to answer your question specifically, the color versions of these reissues are selling out surprisingly quick, yeah.

I still don’t see RTS the bandcamp page.  I imagine only Thrill Jockey will be selling it.

So apparently the color versions of the reissues are still available (newly available?) on Thrill Jockey, though sold out on bandcamp. Just snagged the yellow S/T, blue RTS, and rainbow WR. They also have green copies of Sonic Citadel and most press of Fantasy Empire