Spotify Wrapped

JRHews

I'd be interested in seeing what music people listened to the most this year, digitally.

This being a vinyl site, taking into account a lot of people listen to their physicals when able, and supplement with digital when on the go/at work/gym/what-have-you, I'm curious if some listening habits are shaped differently because of it. 

There are sites like Last.fm for scobbling what you listen to in all sorts of ways, not just from Spotify. And you can find other sites to manually input your analog listens into your Last.fm history, but I find I tend to neglect that aspect of my music listening habits, so I miss out on the 'recording' of my music I listen to on a daily basis. I really want to do better in recording everything I listen to, because I really like seeing how my music tastes shift from year to year, and how much time I actually give to this 'hobby' I love so much.

With that said, I know for an absolute fact that the top 5 albums I listened to most on vinyl this year (mostly electronic and post-rock and metal) are not in any way indicative of my top plays digitally (folk, classical and indie), so its interesting to see how much I listened to other albums/genres from Spotify vs Vinyl, and what I might concider my favorite albums of the year/decade.

Anyways, here's mine from Spotify. I really like listening to some low-key, relaxing music on the go, and everything else at home!

spacer.png

Edited by JRHews

spacer.png

Pretty much exactly what I expected for the year and decade. 

My minutes went way down this year, since wife and I have been making a point of listening to physical media more often this year. Plus we always use her Spotify account while streaming at home and while driving together. Mine are pretty much just driving to and from work, and occasionally getting a chance to have background music while there.

It's pretty annoying to see this kind of stuff appear at the very beginning of December tbh. How is the year "wrapped" when there's a whole month of listening left? 

I use last.fm and submit all physical plays as well as those from my iTunes, so Spotify on its own isn't very meaningful for me. It's still fun to look at, but again stupid in early December. Though I know that's the thing to do across the whole music world - sharing Best Of/AOTY lists starting in November because as soon as the holidays start rolling around nobody cares and it's all about looking forward to the next year. /rant

• 3 months later...

It can be hard to say, cause Spotify shows me a lot of recommendations, based on my listening history. Two weeks ago, I've been looking for a new online audio service and I found this website which has dozens different hip-hop beats audio-tracks, music without words, which are the perfectly comfortable to work with, and a lot of audio-streams, for any genres you want, and the quality of online audio streaming is perfect, in comparison with other streaming services.

Edited by benneto909

• 1 year later...

Throughout this year, I listened to different genres of music. If you look at the statistics of my music listening app, you will notice a Justin Bieber song in the first position. I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of this artist, but his latest tracks are worth checking out. I would like to go to his concert and hear his voice live. I like the atmosphere and energy of live concerts. Because of the epidemic situation in the country, many concerts are canceled or postponed to an unknown date. Music fans are deprived of the opportunity to see and hear their favorite artists. But they have another opportunity - the online concert platform. Thus, they can watch the artists in real-time and listen to the live performance of their tracks.

Edited by Ampalirani