PO: Brian Fallon, Local Honey (Out March 27)

8 hours ago, colbourne25 said:

Just to add to the confusion I got this response from resident after asking for clarification about the coloured vinyl.

"Standard version is black, ‘Caramel/Orange’ are the same – just different details been given for each territories. So there’s the standard black, Indies only orange/honey & Rough Trade edition."

So they're suggesting the orange and the honey (caramel) are the same but I've seen two different stickers on the front... one saying translucent orange and the other caramel mix...

This has been handled terribly by the label. However, Fallon's management provided information directly to the DimeStoreSaints admin that there are only two variants: translucent orange (standard)  and honey/caramel (indie exclusive). 

The most inexplicable blunder is having the indie variant be described variously as "honey" or "caramel" depending on the region. If these are in fact that same variant pressed at the same plant (which, according to management, is the case) it was really dumb to sow this kind of confusion by having two different names for it.

The other blunder is picking translucent orange as the standard version without adequately communicating to distros and retailers about it.  The resulting confusion was very predicable.  I think distros and stores are just assuming that the standard version is black.  Adding to the confusion is that the supposedly "standard" version looks very similar to the indie exclusive.

Of course, it's possible that the label provided incorrect information and that there is in fact, a black pressing. However, I think there would be proof of a black pressing at this point and I have not seen it.

Edited by jerseypride

I can’t find any information now, but didn’t the description on the web store when it first went up in presale indicate that it was limited to 1000? Anyone remember this or am I just imagining things?

Regardless, I have to admit I’m a little peeved that I got the standard version ordering from his web store. Had I known, I would have supported the local and gotten the variant I thought I was getting initially. Having just received my web store order, I now can’t find the indie variant. 

Edited by kas1985

On 3/31/2020 at 6:09 PM, kas1985 said:

I can’t find any information now, but didn’t the description on the web store when it first went up in presale indicate that it was limited to 1000? Anyone remember this or am I just imagining things?

Regardless, I have to admit I’m a little peeved that I got the standard version ordering from his web store. Had I known, I would have supported the local and gotten the variant I thought I was getting initially. Having just received my web store order, I now can’t find the indie variant. 

I can't remember whether there was a quantity listed, but I'm also a little bummed it ended up being the general release.  

I'm still confused. So there's just a standard (lighter transparent orange) and an Indies version (called either "caramel swirl" or "honey" or "yellow" or "marmalade")? And, per BM, this is limited to 500 copies... perhaps just the US domestic allotment:
https://www.bullmoose.com/p/34032381/fallon-brian-local-honey-indie-exclusive-caramel-mix-colored-vinyl-ltd-to-500

R-15004195-1585393812-3277.jpeg.jpg

RT UK is referring to their copies of the Indies as marmalade swirl: https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/brian-fallon/local-honey/lp-plus
Banquet refers to it as yellow: https://www.normanrecords.com/records/180892-brian-fallon-local-honey

• 4 weeks later...

My indie exclusive copy just arrived from Zia. With all the confusion surrounding this release, I also ordered an indie exclusive from Rough Trade, which hasn't shipped yet. If anyone wants it, I can change the Rough Trade order to have it shipped to you. The order total is $26.63. You can pay me via Venmo.

EDIT: This has been spoken for.

Edited by jerseypride

• 3 months later...