PO: Brian Fallon, Local Honey (Out March 27)

25 minutes ago, colbourne25 said:

I'm so confused. I'm seeing places listing the "indie" variant as clear orange...

Technically they are both transparent orange. Also, the BF website lists it as Local Honey colored. However, the website mockup looks like the clearer version (to the right). I do think the indie actually looks more honey-like, but either way the album is great.

15 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I don't know how trustworthy the numbers are, but Discogs claims 1200 for Indie and 7800 for "Standard/ orange"

Also, considering how many shops are doing online at the moment, none have any for sale under the indie version.

FWIW

Those numbers came from his management.

32 minutes ago, januarytwenty said:

I’ve only listened to a few Gaslight Anthem songs here and decided to listen to this album while at work. Fuck, this is great all the way through. Purchased indie variant. 

Really is very good. Maybe it's my ever-graying hair (age), but I prefer his solo stuff I think. 

51 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Really is very good. Maybe it's my ever-graying hair (age), but I prefer his solo stuff I think. 

Ditto. I’m older now and have a family. This album just connects with me and hits the spot. It has definitely held my attention compared to Gaslight. I may look at listening to his other solo albums. 

On 3/27/2020 at 10:59 PM, Shitty Rambo said:

I got a clear orange variant from Amazon and it says CLEAR ORANGE on the hype sticker. Not sure what the Indie Variant sticker says. 

Got my copy from his site today and it's listed as "translucent orange" as opposed to this. Also it looks like it has a different barcode.

spacer.png

Some people on Discogs are clueless and put bad info so I don't trust those pressing numbers unless we find additional sources

I did update my version on there with everything I could based on my copy in hand

https://www.discogs.com/release/15007768

Just to add to the confusion I got this response from resident after asking for clarification about the coloured vinyl.

"Standard version is black, ‘Caramel/Orange’ are the same – just different details been given for each territories. So there’s the standard black, Indies only orange/honey & Rough Trade edition."

So they're suggesting the orange and the honey (caramel) are the same but I've seen two different stickers on the front... one saying translucent orange and the other caramel mix...

1 hour ago, colbourne25 said:

Just to add to the confusion I got this response from resident after asking for clarification about the coloured vinyl.

"Standard version is black, ‘Caramel/Orange’ are the same – just different details been given for each territories. So there’s the standard black, Indies only orange/honey & Rough Trade edition."

So they're suggesting the orange and the honey (caramel) are the same but I've seen two different stickers on the front... one saying translucent orange and the other caramel mix...

So wait, there's a Rough Trade variant too?

NVM, just checked it's the same as the indie.

My confusion.

Edited by Fowty Dollaz