Drive-Thru Records - Welcome To The Family (Deluxe Vinyl Set)

45 minutes ago, thedillon said:

Just a heads up we are aware of the split seam issues for some people and are trying to get more jackets to replace those who need them. Nothing solid yet but we are working on it.

No official date for the solid color /100 yet. We're waiting til all the of the orders are shipped and resolved so that we're not adding on top of the chaos. We didn't expect these to sell so fast!

Thanks for the kind words on the packaging. I haven't received our labels copies yet so have yet to hold one. Can't wait!

So did the Split version go from a 100 copies to now 300 copies and the Splatter version went from 300 copies to 100 copies? Would have been nice to know when you think your ordering the rarer of the two variants and you get the higher one. I don't see this addressed at all just that the original post has been edited with this new information.

2 hours ago, Kjm23 said:

So did the Split version go from a 100 copies to now 300 copies and the Splatter version went from 300 copies to 100 copies? Would have been nice to know when you think your ordering the rarer of the two variants and you get the higher one. I don't see this addressed at all just that the original post has been edited with this new information.

Yes - unfortunately there was a mixup when we went on sale so split and splatter were reversed. Not ideal obviously but it was out of our hands at that point.

1 hour ago, mmhmm said:

Yes and while we're at it, does a clear /100 DTR store exclusive copy of Allister's Last Stop Suburbia exist? It says it should on Discogs but I can't find one. These DTR exclusives are the rarest rare rarities. 

Not sure on that one. We didn’t have anything to do with that release. Just this collaboration.

12 hours ago, Kjm23 said:

Http://www.sho

These were the pressing numbers from the initial post in this thread. Wasn't the split always limited to 300?

100 solid black

100 splatter

300 split

it was certainly ideal for sales of the split color (they only sold out because they were the "most limited"), as splatters tend to go quickest of colored vinyl. I'm also pretty sure the website was not updated to say the split would be limited to 300 once the additional split copies went up. once again, the only loser is the only party that did nothing wrong, the retail consumer. yikes all around

1 hour ago, marc32137 said:

Yeah, I would’ve bought the correct /100 if I had known at the time. I know it would’ve caused too many headaches to try and correct any orders after the fact, but still a bummer. 

Yeah - everyone working on the project is really bummed out. Obviously not how we wanted it to roll out.

20 hours ago, mmhmm said:

Yes and while we're at it, does a clear /100 DTR store exclusive copy of Allister's Last Stop Suburbia exist? It says it should on Discogs but I can't find one. These DTR exclusives are the rarest rare rarities. 

It's available here: https://www.merchhq.com/product-page/allister-last-stop-suburbia-vinyl

I actually just ordered one earlier this week haha.

Just now, corey. said:

The DTR Exclusives are kind of mysterious though not gonna lie haha

Also, there's other variants of both Allister and Home Grown via Victory Records (the label that repressed them is Mutant League)

I got a sweet starburst variant of Home Grown earlier this week too:

https://www.victorymerch.com/merch/vinyl/13782/home-grown-kings-of-pop-vinyl

4 hours ago, thedillon said:

Yeah - everyone working on the project is really bummed out. Obviously not how we wanted it to roll out.

I get obviously not wanting it to end up the way it did but it should have been addressed and explained to the customers before being sent out not just swept under the rug just to see if anyone notices. Maybe some Customer Service advice to take into consideration down the line. 

12 hours ago, ckraus333 said:

Http://www.sho

These were the pressing numbers from the initial post in this thread. Wasn't the split always limited to 300?

100 solid black

100 splatter

300 split

No, the initial post was edited two days later. If you look at the original post it says it was edited.

Never said anything about being upset about it but there should be some transparency with your customers about an issue if it arises. I’m sure most of us like myself wouldn’t have really cared but it should have been addressed, that’s pretty much all I’m saying. There are tons of different ways this could have been handled instead of saying nothing.

2 hours ago, Kjm23 said:

Corey, since you put out records if this one of your titles would you have said something or said nothing at all and just wait and see if someone notices? Genuinely curious?

2 hours ago, Kjm23 said:

Never said anything about being upset about it but there should be some transparency with your customers about an issue if it arises. I’m sure most of us like myself wouldn’t have really cared but it should have been addressed, that’s pretty much all I’m saying. There are tons of different ways this could have been handled instead of saying nothing.

From my understanding any customers that purchased a splatter after the first 100 were emailed, told about the mixup, and given the opportunity to take a refund or take a split instead. Is that not the case?

Either way - yes, there probably should have been a post somewhere about this.

Edited by thedillon

4 hours ago, Kjm23 said:

Corey, since you put out records if this one of your titles would you have said something or said nothing at all and just wait and see if someone notices? Genuinely curious?

Yes, since you asked, I would have addressed this situation as soon as I knew about it and would have updated anyone who had ordered - can't speak on behalf of this situation or how soon they found out though cause I wasn't behind the scenes on this. It seemed like it was after the pre-orders went live.

My comment above was more so saying that regardless of the variant numbers, this release RULES. It was extremely well done and as a fan I'm happy to own it, so I was agreeing with the person who would be happy to own any copy / making a joke at the complaints because people will still want to keep this release regardless of the pressing numbers because it's awesome. And sold out.

I just don't see a huge issue in the numbers on a smaller pressing like this, at the end of the day, if someone got the copy they ordered in the first place. And I personally go after the variants I think will look best, not the rarest, but that's just me. But again, as a label, I would have address this situation as soon as I had the info, but mistakes like these do happen that are completely out of anyone's control unfortunately and can be noticed too late.

Edited by corey.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:22 PM, mmhmm said:

There are still 76 left.

https://www.merchhq.com/product-page/allister-last-stop-suburbia-vinyl

Edited by ckraus333

9 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Yeah, that's a huge bummer that the split ended up being the more common version. Splatter would've been preferred, but went with the more rare variant. Ordered in a hurry to get it too. Maybe offer the /100 that hasn't gone for sale yet to some of the split version people.

^ this
pretty bummed to now find out the split wasnt the /100 one

10 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Maybe offer the /100 that hasn't gone for sale yet to some of the split version people.

300-ish copies of the split were sold. 100 of the yellow are available. That's only 1/3 of the customers. But also - they all already own a copy of this, so giving specifically 1/3 of the 300 orders a chance to re-buy a second copy privately seems unreasonable as hell lol.

*Coming from someone who bought the split thinking it was /100 but not up in arms about it

Edited by corey.