Drive-Thru Records - Welcome To The Family (Deluxe Vinyl Set)

8 minutes ago, beta114 said:

I'm happy to report that you are not required to purchase the bundle if you aren't feeling the "terms and conditions".  Looks like this sold out pretty quickly, which of course justifies it's market price.

I agree that I would rather buy this for $30, and not the bundle as well, but it's definitely not horrible business practice.  They're a for-profit business, they see demand, and created a win/win for the individuals who did indeed follow through with the purchase.

I absolutely disagree. They’re essentially baking in extra profit by adding an item most don’t want. They could’ve just put the record up alone for $65 shipped and it would’ve sold out. I had no doubt it would. Just because an item that’s very in demand sells out doesn’t automatically mean the business is absolved of shady practices. They artificially inflated the price/profits by adding a T-shirt that cost probably $7 (I’m totally guessing...never printed ringer shirts before) to make. 

6 minutes ago, derkwithano said:

I absolutely disagree. They’re essentially baking in extra profit by adding an item most don’t want. They could’ve just put the record up alone for $65 shipped and it would’ve sold out. I had no doubt it would. Just because an item that’s very in demand sells out doesn’t automatically mean the business is absolved of shady practices. They artificially inflated the price/profits by adding a T-shirt that cost probably $7 (I’m totally guessing...never printed ringer shirts before) to make. 

But what's the difference between this and almost everything other record label out there right now doing the same thing? The most limited variant can only be obtained in a bundle. The only difference is, they didn't have their shit together and do it all at once. 

10 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

But what's the difference between this and almost everything other record label out there right now doing the same thing? The most limited variant can only be obtained in a bundle. The only difference is, they didn't have their shit together and do it all at once. 

Honestly, this is a valid argument. I despise when labels do that also though for the record. I guess the way this was rolled out was just whacky since it was essentially backwards compared to the way labels normally do it. 

23 minutes ago, derkwithano said:

Yeah I feel you.  I pulled the trigger on it.  Hated to, because I definitely don't need that extra crap.  I guess I can justify it by the included shipping and tax... $65 - 7% tax = $61, minus ~$8 shipping = $53.  I was willing to spend $30 on the record by itself, so a $23 difference for a shirt/slipmat isn't atrocious.  Again, I feel the pain.  This shit sucks, but I was just saying it's not bad practice for the label... they're just trying to make as much money as they can for such a small release.

I would so much rather have 3 chipotle burritos though for that $23.  Ugh.

6 minutes ago, thedillon said:

The yellow variant was eventually meant for something else which is why it was held out for so long. They decided to scrap the idea and do it as a bundle instead. Either way... thanks for everyone’s support with our collab! 

Happily grabbed 2 bundles (one to gift to a friend who is a long time DTR fan). Awesome work!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this thread. I just wanted to share a little project I was working on. There are some details missing from the vinyl boxset that were on the CD box so I decided to add them. I recreated the graphics in photoshop and printed them out on clear rub off transfer paper. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. In certain light you can see the transfer film but for the most part it looks good. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

17 hours ago, isavedlatin54 said:

The packaging rules And there was some clear effort in delivering a killer physical product. I just wish this sounded better. I guess I understand this is from a 19 year comp but like...just the sound quality is not good. Fuck me i guess 

That’s odd because my solid black sounded well... solid!  I had low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised for what it is (lots of demos)

• 4 months later...