Drive-Thru Records - Welcome To The Family (Deluxe Vinyl Set)

5 minutes ago, corey. said:

300-ish copies of the split were sold. 100 of the yellow are available. That's only 1/3 of the customers. But also - they all already own a copy of this, so giving specifically 1/3 of the 300 orders a chance to re-buy a second copy privately seems unreasonable as hell lol.

*Coming from someone who bought the split thinking it was /100 but not up in arms about it

Only 100 people ordered the split... Maybe I should have worded that better. The 100 people who ordered the split should get first dibs at the other /100 version

2 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

Only 100 people ordered the split... Maybe I should have worded that better. The 100 people who ordered the split should get first dibs at the other /100 version

Oh gotcha, that makes sense and is more fair/reasonable haha.

Edited by corey.

1 hour ago, DylanMcKay said:

As someone who would be grateful to own any variant,  my only chance of getting a copy is when the yellow goes up, so I hope I still get a chance.

I think it would be fair if they offer the yellow to those who ordered /100 and got /300 to return their /300 for them to resell. Obviously if this is their mistake they should pay the return shipping, but they didn't say if it was a pressing plant issue or their mistake.

That said, if I were to be offered the /100 yellow I'd sell my /300 split at cost if someone here wanted it.

1 minute ago, shenanigans said:

I think it would be fair if they offer the yellow to those who ordered /100 and got /300 to return their /300 for them to resell. Obviously if this is their mistake they should pay the return shipping, but they didn't say if it was a pressing plant issue or their mistake.

That said, if I were to be offered the /100 yellow I'd sell my /300 split at cost if someone here wanted it.

I would buy the split

5 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

The main issue with this is having customers with no shipping experience sending these fragile pizza boxes/records all over the globe that would inevitably lead to damages and more problems.

Also it was said that the plant mixed up the pressing numbers I believe.

Edited by corey.

1 hour ago, corey. said:

The main issue with this is having customers with no shipping experience sending these fragile pizza boxes/records all over the globe that would inevitably lead to damages and more problems.

Also it was said that the plant mixed up the pressing numbers I believe.

Not a requirement, just an option. Could be packed back in the same box with the same materials the new one is sent in and I was thinking sent back to the label though it'd be more efficient to ship direct.

Spinning this now and it surprisingly sounds really good.  Dead quiet pressing too.  My only issues are the seam splits and lack of any liner notes (although the Stephanie/Richard note was cool).  It’s a long shot, but a sort of oral history all these years later from the bands/label would have been awesome, but that’s a job in itself.

@thedillon killed it and my vote for the next Drive-Thru reissue would be... a pressing of the first ‘I Can Make A Mess’ album 👍

@thedillon Any insight to when the Yellow pressing will release? I was traveling when the first batch was announced and instantly sold out and was devastated since this release is one of those all time important albums that shaped my youth.

Whoever runs the DTR instagram said it was going to release this week, but it doesn't look like thats going to currently happen.

Edited by Jkellyislegit

Thanks so much for all the kind words regarding the packaging and the release! I still haven’t even held one in my own hands 😂

Regarding the last 100... we are still waiting on the green light from drive thru’s fulfillment company that they are ready for the release. As soon as we have an update I promise we will let everyone know! Just follow the instagrams closely @fielddayrecords @drivethrurecs . I’ll also try to give a heads up here but IG is everyone’s best bet! Plan is to announce a time and date before the time and date so that everyone has a fair chance.

8 minutes ago, thedillon said:

Thanks so much for all the kind words regarding the packaging and the release! I still haven’t even held one in my own hands 😂

Regarding the last 100... we are still waiting on the green light from drive thru’s fulfillment company that they are ready for the release. As soon as we have an update I promise we will let everyone know! Just follow the instagrams closely @fielddayrecords @drivethrurecs . I’ll also try to give a heads up here but IG is everyone’s best bet! Plan is to announce a time and date before the time and date so that everyone has a fair chance.

id suggest just posting them up at a random time and giving this place a couple minutes head start. 

announcing a time and date for such low quantities is a good way to waste a lot of peoples time which then turns into a lot of unhappy potential future customers.

1 hour ago, tokimedo said:

id suggest just posting them up at a random time and giving this place a couple minutes head start. 

announcing a time and date for such low quantities is a good way to waste a lot of peoples time which then turns into a lot of unhappy potential future customers.

Maybe we can limit it to one per household.

Giving VC a heads up would be a little more unfair than the alternative

15 minutes ago, thedillon said:

Maybe we can limit it to one per household.

Giving VC a heads up would be a little more unfair than the alternative

one per household is the way to go. would also be nice to let people who haven't gotten a chance to buy the opportunity before opening it up to 'variant collectors' who are just going to let this sit in their collection instead of playing it. 

19 minutes ago, famousdrumer said:

one per household is the way to go. would also be nice to let people who haven't gotten a chance to buy the opportunity before opening it up to 'variant collectors' who are just going to let this sit in their collection instead of playing it. 

Yeah there’s no way to really do that 

As much as we would love to it’s impossible to please everyone! Fairest way is to announce the order time, limit to

one per household, and let it go!

Anyway, it’s still technically Drive-Thru’s release so I can only suggest what we would do.

12 minutes ago, thedillon said:

Yeah there’s no way to really do that 

As much as we would love to it’s impossible to please everyone! Fairest way is to announce the order time, limit to

one per household, and let it go!

Anyway, it’s still technically Drive-Thru’s release so I can only suggest what we would do.

totally get it! just hope I can get one :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, derkwithano said:

What a scam. Forcing the people that missed this initially and have been waiting months for an update on this final variant to buy a t-shirt in order to get it. Horrible business practices.

I'm happy to report that you are not required to purchase the bundle if you aren't feeling the "terms and conditions".  Looks like this sold out pretty quickly, which of course justifies it's market price.

I agree that I would rather buy this for $30, and not the bundle as well, but it's definitely not horrible business practice.  They're a for-profit business, they see demand, and created a win/win for the individuals who did indeed follow through with the purchase.