PO: Failure - 1992-1996 5LP Box Set

8 minutes ago, numanoid said:

Are the remasters available to purchase anywhere or can you only get them with a download code from the vinyl box? These all needed new digital transfers so I’m glad it finally happened.  

They recently made the albums available for digital-only purchase:

https://www.hellomerch.com/collections/failure/products/failure-1992-1996-vinyl-box-digital-bonus

On 4/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, firefoxUSSR said:

I just got the files less than an hour ago, initial impression... Magnified is greatly improved in mix and sounds better, more lush and textured... listening to "Wonderful Life" atm... which is my personal favorite on the album.   Curious why they didn't send out 24bit files, the download is 16bit. 

Are they lossless or mp3? 

I wouldn’t get to wrapped up in them being inly 16bit. Modern 16bit files from 24bit transfers will sound much better than 16bit from the 90s. The quality of the source material, in this case the original masters, and the digital converters will make all the difference.

1 hour ago, numanoid said:

Are they lossless or mp3? 

I wouldn’t get to wrapped up in them being inly 16bit. Modern 16bit files from 24bit transfers will sound much better than 16bit from the 90s. The quality of the source material, in this case the original masters, and the digital converters will make all the difference.

The download I received had both FLAC and MP3, however the FLAC were released as 44.1 kHz, 16 bit files. They sound incredible, but I do wish he released them as 48 kHz, 24 bit files. They're worth it though considering the huge improvement made for Comfort and Magnified.

12 minutes ago, troymess said:

The download I received had both FLAC and MP3, however the FLAC were released as 44.1 kHz, 16 bit files. They sound incredible, but I do wish he released them as 48 kHz, 24 bit files. They're worth it though considering the huge improvement made for Comfort and Magnified.

I agree, 16/44.1 is a relic, more so the 44.1 part. 16/48 or 24/48 should be the new de-facto digital standards. 

im glad they sound good! I’m gonna grab the remasters for sure. Thanks for your input. 

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Deathbyart said:

God damn it. I slept on this while debating... now they're sold out. 

Well they have the signed one still.  And if you don’t to pay the extra for the signature you can ask if they’ll take some rubbing alcohol to the signature and sell it to you for regular price 

1 hour ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Well they have the signed one still.

They undoubtedly offered more signed copies than unsigned - just like their tour posters at the shows.

I am also kinda regretting not getting the box - although I do have the OPs for all three already.

Edited by rickker
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine today. Turned out great. Some of the cleanest vinyl I've seen from GZ.

Are we sure that digital downloads of the bonus material will be made available now that they are out, or is this going to be exclusive to the vinyl release? The wording in the announcement email wasn't super clear ... 'This does not include the outtakes from the Boxset, as we’d like to keep something special for the official release'.

58 minutes ago, Vinyl Fury said:

Are we sure that digital downloads of the bonus material will be made available now that they are out, or is this going to be exclusive to the vinyl release? The wording in the announcement email wasn't super clear ... 'This does not include the outtakes from the Boxset, as we’d like to keep something special for the official release'.

This was delayed this long for quality and they use GZ?

9 hours ago, Vinyl Fury said:

Reply to your shipment notification email from Hello Merch and ask for your download of the Outtakes and Oddities LP and you should get it. Specify if you want FLAC or MP3.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:28 AM, nonfiction said:

Got mine, really nice package - just wish it came with poly lined inner sleeves. Mine were really static charged and I put a couple hairline scratches on the records just taking them out of the sleeves.

Same same.  I was concerned that both discs for Magnified are warped but my turntable didn't protest.  I was really pleased and didn't realize / forgot that Magnified is on 2 LPs, which suits it well.  I do really appreciate the Comfort remix, sounds better without getting too Special Editions about it.

Edited by firefoxUSSR
snubbing George Lucas

• 1 month later...