PO NOW: Code Orange - Underneath 3/13/20

It's been a long time since I've listened to this band, so I thought I'd give it a try and just pretend I'd never heard anything by them before. Wow. This is pretty bad. I can respect a band for trying to artistically grow and reinvent themselves, but this is just a mess of styles that really don't fit together. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade who is enjoying this. I just can't believe how much I hated it.

Yeah but I think those singles were indicative of the direction they were going, after they nixed the “Kids” from their band name.  It was through that new style that I determined that CO is not for me, personally.  Not saying that the new stuff is more (or less) true to the style of their last 2 albums... but I’m also the last person to ask about that.

Regardless of how you feel about the single, we can at least agree that those single LP prices are pretty fucked, I think?

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah but I think those singles were indicative of the direction they were going, after they nixed the “Kids” from their band name.  It was through that new style that I determined that CO is not for me, personally.  Not saying that the new stuff is more (or less) true to the style of their last 2 albums... but I’m also the last person to ask about that.

Regardless of how you feel about the single, we can at least agree that those single LP prices are pretty fucked, I think?

I really like that it’s $5 extra for the download code on at least one of the variants. You think they get to count those as 2 album sales for week 1 charting? 

14 hours ago, dantheriver said:

I really like that it’s $5 extra for the download code on at least one of the variants. You think they get to count those as 2 album sales for week 1 charting? 

Yeah I hate silly stuff like that. Wife went to Jonas Bros concert and they "included" a CD per ticket in each price. So essentially forcing an album sale on fans to ensure it charts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, richardp said:

Album fuckin RIPS.

Anyone get their shipping notifications from Roadrunner yet? 

Nope, only the ones purchased from the bands web store. CO is on top of their shit unlike roadrunner, just wish I was getting the vinyl on release date and not a week after