Any tips on getting the most out of a Crosley?

Hey everyone!

So i've been wanting a record player for a few years, and the other day I got a Crosley from my Aunty for Christmas. Me being me I immediately did my research and read that they are not great quality at all, and can do a lot of damage to your records and now i'm a little paranoid. I guess my Aunty didn't do any research which is completely fine because I didn't expect her to, and obviously i'm still incredibly grateful, but I don't want to be spending $40+ on records only for them to be wrecked after a certain number of plays. Of course I'm going to keep using the Crosley because it's a gift and i'm so happy that I finally have a record player, but until I get myself a better quality one which I probably will do in a couple years maybe, is there anything I can do to keep my records in tact? Any tips on making sure I DON'T damage my records with it?  It's a Crosley Voyager if that makes any difference at all. 

Thank you!

6 hours ago, rwaters23 said:

Hey everyone!

So i've been wanting a record player for a few years, and the other day I got a Crosley from my Aunty for Christmas. Me being me I immediately did my research and read that they are not great quality at all, and can do a lot of damage to your records and now i'm a little paranoid. I guess my Aunty didn't do any research which is completely fine because I didn't expect her to, and obviously i'm still incredibly grateful, but I don't want to be spending $40+ on records only for them to be wrecked after a certain number of plays. Of course I'm going to keep using the Crosley because it's a gift and i'm so happy that I finally have a record player, but until I get myself a better quality one which I probably will do in a couple years maybe, is there anything I can do to keep my records in tact? Any tips on making sure I DON'T damage my records with it?  It's a Crosley Voyager if that makes any difference at all. 

Thank you!

Seriously,

I think this is sweet and I'm sorry that this is a bad answer but don't use it. Save the money you'd be spending on records for a better player. 

• 2 months later...

Enjoy your records on your record player. I have 60+ year old records that were played on worse. Sure, you will wear them out a little faster but you won't live long enough to wear them out where they are unplayable. I guarantee that if you use that Crosley and take care not to scratch your records and keep them clean, when you get a better system, you will be amazed at how good they sound. Remember " Tomorrow isn't promised. " Play your music like it's your last chance!