John Mayer Colored Music on Vinyl Reissues (Room for Squares, Heavier Things, Continuum)

It looks like this Australian website has the first three John Mayer LPs for sale. I can't seem to check out using a US address so hopefully retailers get them over here. 

Also worth noting that the matrix numbers indicate that Music On Vinyl plates were used to press these. (Source: Discogs)

Room For Squares (Gold): https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/vinyl-mayer-john-room-for-squares-jb-hi-fi-exclusive-limited-translucent-gold-vinyl-lp

Heavier Things (Green): https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/vinyl-mayer-john-heavier-things-limited-neon-green-vinyl-lp

Continuum (Clear): https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/vinyl-mayer-john-continuum-limited-translucent-clear-vinylreissue-2lp 

Edited by pushbacktosquare

2 hours ago, corey. said:

Prices are steep but curious to see what a US store is gonna charge.

Thinking $30-$35 each if some store picks these up as exclusives. My guess? Barnes and Noble. uDiscoverMusic/Sound of Vinyl won't because those albums were under Columbia/Sony and I think they're exclusively Universal. It doesn't feel like a Walmart or Target exclusive either, so it really leaves Barnes as another retailer with exclusives in the states. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a box set in some form either, so please give us Battle Studies too.

Edited by Captain Chrismo

1 hour ago, mondie said:

Links are in the first post Corey.

I saw that, I assumed you meant they were available from other retailers 5 weeks prior to this post, but I gotcha. Looking for a US release / some sort of legit info on this press

Edited by corey.

• 6 months later...
On 12/28/2019 at 1:31 PM, Captain Chrismo said:

A Greek store called Reload has these too, so doesn't appear to be exclusive to any particular store just yet.

Sorry to bump this old thread but has anyone in the US ordered from Reload? It looks like it should ship, but it doesn't give me any shipping prices, which makes me nervous.

So strange that these haven't popped up at any retailers that would either ship them to a US address, or a US retailer that stocks them. I guess they really are just exclusive to that JB Hi-Fi store based in Australia. 

Also, it seems that the matrix numbers on these reissues indicate that they are using the Music On Vinyl masters. 

Can anyone in AUS help with purchasing these and then shipping them over to a United States address? DM me, please! 

Edited by olopez6919

there is a workaround to order internationally at JB Hi-Fi if people are encountering problems, especially with the "invalid number" hurdle that people can't get passed.  i can expound if ppl want assistance. ordered the gold Room For Squares last night (shipped to USA).

also, Discogs has copies of the VMP turquoise variant of Continuum flying up and being sold rapidly for around $30 to $33 shipped. keep checking if that's the only one for which you're looking. otherwise, the JB Hi-Fi exclusives can be obtained with the workaround...

23 minutes ago, frutiger75 said:

there is a workaround to order internationally at JB Hi-Fi if people are encountering problems, especially with the "invalid number" hurdle that people can't get passed.  i can expound if ppl want assistance. ordered the gold Room For Squares last night (shipped to USA).

also, Discogs has copies of the VMP turquoise variant of Continuum flying up and being sold rapidly for around $30 to $33 shipped. keep checking if that's the only one for which you're looking. otherwise, the JB Hi-Fi exclusives can be obtained with the workaround...

I'd love to pick your brain about that if you have a minute or so sometime this week or next.  Thank you for offering!  I also want to snag that gold RFS

33 minutes ago, beta114 said:

I'd love to pick your brain about that if you have a minute or so sometime this week or next.  Thank you for offering!  I also want to snag that gold RFS

create an account (if you don't already have one) and make sure you're logged in. add the items you want to you cart. at the checkout page, pick the country/region to where you want your order shipped from the drop-down menu. type in your name.

for the mobile number, keep the Australian country code the same (+61) and in the mobile number field, type: 04xxxxxxxx (e.g. i typed in 04, followed by the first 8 digits of my mobile number). that should eliminate any "invalid number" error message that prevents you from proceeding to checkout. in the alternative, keep the Australian country code (+61) the same and just type in: 452070075 (this is some random, generic number for fence company in australia that has worked for me in the past). JB Hi-Fi isn't going to call you about an international online order -- they'd e-mail you with any problems.

then type in your address details. pick a shipping method. then, the "Proceed to Checkout" button should illuminate to a green color, and you should be able to move on from there.

Edited by frutiger75