Spanish Love Songs - Brave Faces Everyone

Another Variant has been listed through MerchNow, as a Pre Order, for a Beer Colored Vinyl (https://merchnow.com/products/v2/309255/brave-faces-everyone-vinyl-lp)

Also, question, anyone has a Webstore Exclusive PN2 Variant they could sell me? Limited to 300 Copies. Only one I’m missing to complete the Variant Collection I have going on. 

30 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

After 2 full listens, I am really loving this album.

bonus obligatory review point: It's almost like the Menzingers, but better than all their newer stuff.

Its weird now that you point it out I definitely see that this band is like the Menzingers 

I really strive to not beat jokes into the ground or allow them to overstay their welcome... but you guys sure are making it difficult.  Hope you all know how much I appreciate this new meme we’ve fostered.

Album itself is pretty fun.  I don’t think it’ll contend as an AOTY for me, personally, and I still feel like Losers may be the strongest hitter on it.  (What an ear worm.)  But yeah, far more consistent than anything else they’ve done if you ask me.

I will say that if the singles did nothing for you, I strongly suspect the rest of the album won’t be your jam.

48 minutes ago, Chrundle The Great said:

Sure hope not. With the way this year has started, Greet Death's New Hell is gonna be contending for both 19 and 20.

But if this is a definite step up and not in AOTY contention, really how good was schmaltz, then?

Are you asking me or is that rhetorical?  Because I weighed in on Schmaltz earlier in the thread.  I think it has a fair bit of fluff that I could do without... at least going off the little time I’ve spent with it.

And just for what it’s worth, I know some folks were putting way more stock into this release than I was, especially as someone who only stumbled across the band < a month ago.  For them, I hope it delivered in spades.  I wasn’t banking on a 10/10 album, but I was hoping for something fun to bump when the weather starts to get a little warmer, and I got just that.

Edited by Derek™

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I really strive to not beat jokes into the ground or allow them to overstay their welcome... but you guys sure are making it difficult.  Hope you all know how much I appreciate this new meme we’ve fostered.

Album itself is pretty fun.  I don’t think it’ll contend as an AOTY for me, personally, and I still feel like Losers may be the strongest hitter on it.  (What an ear worm.)  But yeah, far more consistent than anything else they’ve done if you ask me.

I will say that if the singles did nothing for you, I strongly suspect the rest of the album won’t be your jam.

Singles are all great. These guys really remind me of another band I cant quite remember who though.

24 minutes ago, lostcrimes said:

Got my copy today.  Interesting something was shipped across an ocean and from one side of the country in less time than it takes merchnow to create a shipping label. 

It's at the point (not like it wasn't years ago) every label and artist needs to drop them and I don't know why they won't. People are having more issues than ever. My friend just needs to change his address and he's emailed multiple times over weeks and they won't answer him. They won't reply to any issue I've had in the last 2 years, they send the wrong variants all the time and don't want to work with the customers, they CAN'T COUNT, they don't update on delays, they don't even reply to the credit card companies I've used when I've had to file disputes. It's unbelievable how they're the worst of the worst and labels won't even recognize it or move platforms. My last issue I had to reach out to Chris at No Sleep (it wasn't a no sleep order, had no pre-orders, didn't ship for over a month and missed the holiday deadline Merchnow promised) just to get a response. That's how bad their "service" is. I've been bugging labels for years and the only one who did it was InVogue (due to artist complaints as well) but now they're back with them again. Honestly I've considered starting petitions to get artists and labels to consider any other option but I'm not sure how many signatures I could gather. If they didn't get so many exclusive variants from PNR, Rise, Fearless, Hopeless, etc. the vinyl community would be a lot better off.

Edited by N8TRU