PO (Kickstarter): CHAMBERLAIN - RED WEATHER LP

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

Anyone know what's going on with the Kickstarter copies? Has anyone gotten one yet?

Nope. 

I haven't received anything whatsoever. I did the "upgrade" for the book and received the book. But nothing on the actual KS pledge items. I think I did the test press and KS exclusive vinyl signed. 

I messaged the band on FB a bit ago and they replied that Arctic Rodeo was handling all of the KS orders. So maybe they're backed up something fierce. 

On 1/1/2021 at 10:48 PM, scottheisel said:

Anyone know what's going on with the Kickstarter copies? Has anyone gotten one yet?

Hey @scottheiseland @jhulud — I got mine about 10 days ago...maybe because I know the label well they sent it earlier?  You’ll get it soon...they’re on top of things.

Update from the Chamberlain newsletter. So are all U.S. Kickstarter copies being shipped by Arctic Rodeo from Europe?!? That seems extremely costly.

THE RECORD

For those Kickstarter pledgers who STILL haven’t received a record—our deepest apologies. We were told some overseas deliveries could be slowed by up to 6 weeks due to Covid, USPS budget cuts, and the holiday influx. This is not normal. Thanks everyone for your patience. You can also free to email [email protected] for tracking.

In addition to the Kickstarter LPs, we’ve now SOLD OUT of our first pressing! However, if you missed it, don’t fret because the repress is underway! Some snazzy new colors can be scooped up HERE

RedWeather_NewColors.png

8 hours ago, scottheisel said:

Update from the Chamberlain newsletter. So are all U.S. Kickstarter copies being shipped by Arctic Rodeo from Europe?!? That seems extremely costly.

THE RECORD

For those Kickstarter pledgers who STILL haven’t received a record—our deepest apologies. We were told some overseas deliveries could be slowed by up to 6 weeks due to Covid, USPS budget cuts, and the holiday influx. This is not normal. Thanks everyone for your patience. You can also free to email [email protected] for tracking.

In addition to the Kickstarter LPs, we’ve now SOLD OUT of our first pressing! However, if you missed it, don’t fret because the repress is underway! Some snazzy new colors can be scooped up HERE

RedWeather_NewColors.png

I got my kickstarter copy a few weeks ago and it was shipped from Europe.  Also didn't get any tracking info or anything that said it shipped.  Just showed up.  

While I love The Moon My Saddle, and it veered the band into the alt-country sound they evolved into, I will always find that Fate's Got A Driver is my favorite. It still retains their youth-core sound but completely going into the Midwest melodic hardcore sound that's been the root to so many alt-country bands. 

As for Red Weather, I love it. It feels very natural and organic progression in their sound and more open. It's almost like the record allows the music to breathe and feel expansive. It's what I'd picture running through an open field all by yourself underneath a blue sky and without a care in the world. 

I agree that you could hear their melodic leanings even in Fate's Got A Driver, and I think that The Moon My Saddle is a damn near perfect album to introduce an updated sonic direction with.

Red Weather sounded a bit generic to me on first blush, but it has definitely grown on me in the 10 listens since I made my previous post 😀

• 1 month later...