Official Record Store Day Thread

I scoured every UK store I knew of for the Dirty Three boxset - this is what I found. Some only ship to the UK.

http://www.spunout.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=29374

https://www.tntrecords.co.uk/product/dirty-three-ocean-songs-deluxe-boxset

https://jgwindows.com/dirty-three-ocean-songs-rsd-2021.html

https://www.headrecords.co.uk/new/ocean-songs-(rsd-2021)-dirty-three/p-bella900v

6 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Screw it, tired of scouring so I picked up one from Spun Out. Fingers crossed on the post treating it nicely getting over here…

9 hours ago, ConwayStern said:

THx! Solid tips on Dirty Three. The US store didn't materialize, still hasn't. One UK was still showing stock last nite so I tried it; no conf yet.  --seems to just be priced higher in the UK (was mostly $60-70 here) and shipping is always a killer, but that's the game. Saw your later post also -- 135 quid is just obnoxious. Then again, some guy in Ohio sold 3 copies on eBay last nite for $277, with another listed now.   --Thanks again,

Yeah..i guess they gotta be shipped over from the states? I think they're pressed over there..not sure. Feels a bit daft having a copy shipped back again....i tells thee..these rsd items put some air miles on! 😉

I saw that us vendor.....well..if they've got the cash and they're THAT desperate...........! Glad you snagged one. Checked my links again, all gone now.

On 6/11/2021 at 11:30 PM, ZeroNowhere said:

I didn’t notice anything that sounded censored but I was also playing it while working so I wasn’t paying full attention.

Spinning RATM now. Only on track 3 but it’s a strange deal. Guerrilla Radio is censored but People of the Sun isn’t. 

Edited by webdoggy

I have to say. I have encountered some pretty amazing people this RSD. This is the first RSD I’ve ever done online. Been attending for 10 years. My local store got shafted and didn’t receive anything since it’s under new ownership. I was able to get all 8 titles I was after thanks to the amazing people on this forum. That and I have encountered some of the BEST customer service (Newbury Comics) the WORST customer service (Zia) and discovered some amazing businesses (DJ ROCK AND SOUL) along the way. Thank you all. I was terrified originally this RSD but now I feel so content and thrilled. You are all amazing. 

Edited by Erizk182

7 hours ago, ConwayStern said:

think u got the last 1. 

[re: Dirty Three - Ocean Songs]

I should point out that they cancelled the order two hours later because their inventory count was off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  they were very apologetic in their email.

I *do* think I’ve managed to get a copy and at a great price to boot, but I’ll believe it when it ships and subsequently arrives.

6 minutes ago, iwokeinrelief said:

[re: Dirty Three - Ocean Songs]

I should point out that they cancelled the order two hours later because their inventory count was off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  they were very apologetic in their email.

I *do* think I’ve managed to get a copy and at a great price to boot, but I’ll believe it when it ships and subsequently arrives.

do you mind saying where you scored? that "inventory count" error is going around ... 

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread