Official Record Store Day Thread

3 minutes ago, fish said:

Not seeing it?

• Ocean Songs (Deluxe Boxset)

Record/Vinyl + Digital Album
    • package image
    •  
    • package image
    In March 1998 Australian trio The Dirty Three released their now iconic album Ocean Songs. In 2005 the band would be joined onstage by Nick Cave to play the album in its entirety at ATP festival in New York, a show that since has developed into near mythic status. The recordings are now available on this Deluxe Boxset.

Includes unlimited streaming of Ocean Songs via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
    ships out within 5 days

Buy Record/Vinyl  £69.99 GBP or more 

Looks like it might not be available in US  (switched my VPN to US and its then not showing) 

Edited by craigeduk

2 hours ago, craigeduk said:

I paid £63.99 at Resident and they were on the cheaper side, so thats about $88. Most records are generally more expensive in the UK anyway. 

Aye same here.....Resident i find is usually a coupla more quids over other record stores for most of thier stock..so was nice to nab this one at that price.....signed as well! :)

Did those of you who ordered the Dirty Three box from Resident online get a shipping notice yet?

I got a processing email last Saturday and haven't gotten any further notifications

[Edit hours later:  never mind.  I just got a shipping notification]

Edited by aekastar

Well.  It's nothing to get overly excited about [just yet], but a RSD rep did write back to me, already, on that Dirty Three callout I sent them last week.  She advised that they take the RSD Pledge very seriously and will be "looking into" what I've described in the e-mail.  Refreshing to see some traction.  I would sleep just a smidge better knowing that I potentially helped blacklist a shop – one that's probably been exploiting RSD for a while – while knowing that their stock goes to a deserving indie shop next RSD.  Or maybe an even more corrupt one, who knows.

On 6/21/2021 at 1:17 PM, Derek™ said:

Well.  It's nothing to get overly excited about [just yet], but a RSD rep did write back to me, already, on that Dirty Three callout I sent them last week.  She advised that they take the RSD Pledge very seriously and will be "looking into" what I've described in the e-mail.  Refreshing to see some traction.  I would sleep just a smidge better knowing that I potentially helped blacklist a shop – one that's probably been exploiting RSD for a while – while knowing that their stock goes to a deserving indie shop next RSD.  Or maybe an even more corrupt one, who knows.

Interesting. Might have to shoot an email about this one.

On 6/21/2021 at 4:17 PM, Derek™ said:

Interesting. Tempted to call out this other shop asking $120 for the Dirty Three.

13 minutes ago, MicLima said:

Has anyone ever ordered from wegotthebeatsrecordstore.com?  Opinions?

That's the store I go to. They have two locations. They're solid. Good people. If you're going to mail order from them, you'll be fine. They send all in proper LP mailers and typically ship out same day as ordering. 

On 6/30/2021 at 11:04 PM, tokimedo said:

i guess that t.a.t.u. record really only dropped in Russia and Mexico, cause there are so many copies on discogs of that but mostly from those two countries. 

Seems like that's true. There are a lot of t.a.t.u copies in the vinyl shops here in Moscow.

The Rural Alberta Advantage is releasing a 10th anniversary pressing of Departing for July's RSD:

https://shop.paperbagrecords.com/collections/the-rural-alberta-advantage/products/departing-10th-anniversary-edition

Pressing is on "whiteout" vinyl and /400.

In stores on July 17 and online July 19.

Edited by Subdomestic

On 7/2/2021 at 10:03 PM, Subdomestic said:

The Rural Alberta Advantage is releasing a 10th anniversary pressing of Departing for July's RSD:

https://shop.paperbagrecords.com/collections/the-rural-alberta-advantage/products/departing-10th-anniversary-edition

Pressing is on "whiteout" vinyl and /400.

In stores on July 17 and online July 19.

They're also releasing The Russian Futurists' The Method of Modern Love on vinyl for the first time. I've been waiting for this day for 21 years. This was Panda Bear or Dan Deacon before either of them were doing the "hyper-Casiotone/bedroom-pop" thing.

https://shop.paperbagrecords.com/collections/vintage-collection/products/the-method-of-modern-love-20th-anniversary-edition

Just 200 copies. I'm really hoping to grab a store copy. It's gonna sell-out fast.

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread