Official Record Store Day Thread

12 hours ago, darkeyelids said:

More so two different volumes of music.

"Following last year’s release of Here Comes The Cowboy, Mac releases two new demo albums; Here Comes The Cowboy Demos, which is released on April 17th via Mac’s Record Label and Other Here Comes The Cowboy Demos, as a Record Store Day Exclusive. Other Here Comes The Cowboy Demos features unreleased recordings from the same sessions that spurred the final album."

Geez, “milking the dead guy” and “also milking the dead guy”. 

On 3/8/2020 at 2:25 PM, 30SecondsOfFranchiseFame said:

Reminds me a bit of Car Seat Headrest releasing the OG version of his first album that he'd re-recorded that same year on RSD.

I bought it for like 12 bucks in the discount bin months later. Seemed like everyone passed on it.

Yikes. I remember buying that shit on eBay thinking “man this probably sold out everywhere by now”.

So I would have thought it ridiculous even a week ago but now I’m really wondering if coronavirus is going to end up impacting RSD.

Long, slow lines and tiny rooms crammed full of people standing shoulder-to-shoulder seems to be exactly what local governments are trying to avoid.

Certainly in a city like Seattle or NYC that’s on semi-lockdown, this has got to be something that’s under consideration? 

11 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

So I would have thought it ridiculous even a week ago but now I’m really wondering if coronavirus is going to end up impacting RSD.

Long, slow lines and tiny rooms crammed full of people standing shoulder-to-shoulder seems to be exactly what local governments are trying to avoid.

Certainly in a city like Seattle or NYC that’s on semi-lockdown, this has got to be something that’s under consideration? 

It’s possible.  This article explains why social distancing is important, as much as it is inconvenient or worse for working families.spacer.png

53 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Definitely possible.  I was in Fingerprints in Long Beach and they already had meetings about it.   Not just the overall health concern with the public, but also the fact that a lot of the releases might be coming from overseas (due to the lacquer building fires) and it could impact how much a store might get in general.  They said they've placed their orders as usual, but there's definite concern everywhere.

Not sure if it’s a response to the current state of things but I received an email from an Australian record store announcing that they are taking pre-orders for RSD titles:

https://mojo-record-bar.myshopify.com/collections/rsd-2020-pre-orders?page=1

Probably won’t benefit most outside of Aus + as was pointed out above it’s hard to tell how much RSD will be impacted overall at this rate.

Edited by spoon

Copied from a local store's facebook post: "We are waiting until a week or two before the event to cancel our RSD events. We don’t want to endanger the lives of any of our beloved customers (and ourselves). I’ve heard that some stores in bigger cities are already cancelling RSD and plan on selling their RSD goods via the internets! Since we won’t have RSD products anyways our closure that day won’t impact the bulk of the shoppers on that day. We’re not canceling yet though, so stay tuned!"

covid-19 aside, i wouldn't mind waking up 10 mins before an early morning onsale on a website instead of getting up hours earlier and heading out into who knows what sort of weather and camping out...

covid-19 included, if it gets worse (it seems like it's trending that way) near RSD there's no way i'm getting in a line.

on the other hand, RSD may have to be delayed altogether. so...

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread
  • jhulud pinned this topic