Official Record Store Day Thread

On 11/21/2020 at 10:41 AM, Sad Heart said:

Is it the half green / half blue? I have em all unless something new came out. Might stop in today for the hell of it. 

I did not look at it, as I am happy with my clear copy, and was spending too much that day on records I didn’t already have. 😜

But if you stop by, it is in one of the top “used” racks.

It is the clear with green splatter pressing.

Edited by Plarocks

Update from Soulwax on Nite Versions:

The NITE VERSIONS vinyl re-issue will be released in Belgium, Netherlands, France, and UK as part of Record Store Day this Friday.
Unfortunately, due to factory issues plus Covid restrictions, it has been delayed in some other countries. We are doing our utmost to rectify this and will endeavour to send it out to more records stores asap. It will most likely be out in the US on 18th December.

• timsimmons changed the title to Record Store Day 2020: Black Friday - Revenge of the Rona! (Don't go out, stay home and stay safe)
30 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

If you guys feel the need to go out for records on Friday, wear a mask and hand sanitize to fuck. Otherwise, just wait for this shit to go online. Stay home!

Are the times in the first post shifting for Friday/Saturday?  Or do things really not go onsale online until Saturday for this round?

Edited by merlecakes

11 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

This may have already been discussed but can someone help me get the live MCR release or will it be up online anywhere? This is for my friend and I told her I would do this for her. Thank you!

Will be available here: https://parkavecds.com/UPC/093624895589 for shipping on Saturday at 12:01 AM EST. Or, if you're in Orlando and want to pick it up, it'll be available for curbside pickup at 3 PM EST on Friday.

7 hours ago, jpearin said:

If anybody can get a copy of Fountains of Wayne - 'Welcome Interstate Managers', can you PLEASE pick it up for me?? I'm an out of work full-time musician that can't pay eBay prices. Only one copy each at all stores around me that I know of 😕

This is the only album I want today as well! I had found a local shop that was opening at 8:00 a.m., but they only had one copy. I got there at 6:45, but there were already 30+ people in line! I didn't even get out of my car and turned around and drove home. I'll be hunting for it online all day, and hoping to get it for retail, or a max of $50. Definitely won't pay the $100+ prices that are already popping up on eBay. 😠

6 minutes ago, Alan P said:

This is the only album I want today as well! I had found a local shop that was opening at 8:00 a.m., but they only had one copy. I got there at 6:45, but there were already 30+ people in line! I didn't even get out of my car and turned around and drove home. I'll be hunting for it online all day, and hoping to get it for retail, or a max of $50. Definitely won't pay the $100+ prices that are already popping up on eBay. 😠

Hey, I just got back from Zia Records where I managed to get a copy of Fountains of Wayne. They had some on the shelf still when I left, so I’d check them out when they open for online orders.

55 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Whats the retail cost of FOW in the US? Here in the UK I'm having to pay £43 ($58) from my local and they are on the cheaper side for it!

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread