Official Record Store Day Thread

9 hours ago, curator said:

Also already have a copy of Chamberlain Waits, but it’s cool they pressed 570 of them.  (our area code for WB/Scranton)

That IS cool. Does it bother you that they started putting Philly on their merch instead of Scranton? I might have to try and scoop this one up.

3 hours ago, diabretic said:

That IS cool. Does it bother you that they started putting Philly on their merch instead of Scranton? I might have to try and scoop this one up.

Nahh, they moved on.  A lot of people from my area migrate to Philly eventually and I don’t blame them.  Just as long as they remember where they came from 😉

There's several UK only releases I'm interested in.  I should be able to find them separately on the Bay or discogs, but if anyone has a recommendation on a UK store I might be able to order from on or around RSD that maybe has reasonable, bundleable (is that a word?) shipping to the US, let me know.

1 hour ago, Multiverse said:

On one hand I'm ready to sell all of my records and alleviate all of this space and money

on the other I found a way to convince myself that I need that Clipping release alongside the Slint one too

That clipping release is NOOOOT cheap...

This record store day is shaping up to be a good one... lots of stuff that I don't "need" but isn't that what this hobby is all about?

Edited by jonnywreck

1 hour ago, dawhizz said:

There's several UK only releases I'm interested in.  I should be able to find them separately on the Bay or discogs, but if anyone has a recommendation on a UK store I might be able to order from on or around RSD that maybe has reasonable, bundleable (is that a word?) shipping to the US, let me know.

Here in the UK stores can't list RSD items online until the following Saturday. However Banquet might be your best bet if they still have what you are after when they do go online.

On 2/20/2020 at 6:40 PM, 30SecondsOfFranchiseFame said:

New Order - Peel Sessions

Gorillaz - G-Sides (2LP)
Gorillaz - D-Sides (3LP)

And fuck it, why not Hardcastle's 19? (Although it's probably going to cost 26.99 CDN at least)

Gonna sub in the live Bowie, because I'm a mark for those, always and Robyn

I'm listening to some of that live Replacements gig and it's fine, so I'm on the fence about that. Wilcovered seems cute. And it's relatively limited, but that's a maybe as well. 

Also, y'all are all sleeping on Wild Tchoupitoulas (unless it's one of those used-bin staples down South idk).

Edited by 30SecondsOfFranchiseFame

14 hours ago, pizza face said:

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/34413972/mac-demarco-here-comes-the-cowboy-demos

I guess there is a standard version coming out the day before RSD of the Mac release if anyone is interested you can buy it now. Sorry if this was already brought up 

More so two different volumes of music.

"Following last year’s release of Here Comes The Cowboy, Mac releases two new demo albums; Here Comes The Cowboy Demos, which is released on April 17th via Mac’s Record Label and Other Here Comes The Cowboy Demos, as a Record Store Day Exclusive. Other Here Comes The Cowboy Demos features unreleased recordings from the same sessions that spurred the final album."

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread
  • jhulud pinned this topic