Official Record Store Day Thread

Tempting... I was kind of hoping there would be nothing I would want.

Life on the murder scene is a maybe, I already have the OG album and I dont normally do live stuff.

Gorrillaz is a slam dunk, especially D sides are excellent.

And yeah that Biggie collection (at the right price) would get me going as well.

ANd if it was cheap maybe that Ace of Spades 7" lol

On 2/23/2020 at 10:37 AM, V3XED said:

And yeah that Biggie collection (at the right price) would get me going as well.

Not sure what you're willing to drop on it, but if it's a RSD exclusive, I don think it'll be anyone's "right price".

Edited by zuck

42 minutes ago, zuck said:

Not sure what you're willing to drop on it, but if it's a RSD exclusive, I don think it'll be anyone's "right price".

Sometimes big box sets like that are overly produced for RSD and sit around for years. You might be able to wait it out for a price drop in that case.

7 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

I’m not a fan but wasn’t there some Giant Type O Negative box a few years back that goes for crazy amounts now?

Yeah the original box was commanding a massive price but they rereleased it last year n its available for about £250 now. Annoyingly they reissued bloody kisses before announcing the box which I immediately snagged. I didnt bother with the box cos im too lazy to take in duplicates to trade in and apparently that may have been a smart move as a lot of folk on the thread for that set had issues with duplicated discs etc.

They have just released World Coming Down through runout groove but for some reason theyre trying to sell that for £40 when bloody kisses was £20. Shame because that album is great and one of the three heavy hitters from their catalogue I'd actually want but I'm not supporting that mark up in the vain hope that they don't do the same thing for anything else that sees release outside of the boxset (A guy can dream right?).

They're really dicking about, I wouldnt be surprised if we see something "exclusive" as they've proven themselves profitable and the one album most Type O Negative fans want is October Rust. They also did a black Friday 3LP of Bloody Kisses in 2018 I believe before the standard run. Between that and them selling out various merch items (including a very pricey bomber jacket) I really wouldn't be surprised to see something from them for RSD.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

14 hours ago, simple_torture said:

I got it for something like $110 (gently used) in 2017. Considering where it is now, I think it's one of the best deals I've gotten.

Yup got it for like $100 almost a year later

Boxsets always seem to drop in price fast too. I have gotten the latest Live Garcia, CHRIS Bell and Soul Asylum boxsets at/over 50% within months of when they were released for rsd.  Some boxes do become more difficult to find but not many 

1 hour ago, simple_torture said:

Physical copies of the list are out there. Someone at Steve Hoffman has one and is leaking some info bit-by-bit: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/record-store-day-rsd-2020-april-18.919354/page-12#post-23351910

Somebody on the thread just recently uploaded pictures with RSD releases

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread
  • jhulud pinned this topic