Official Record Store Day Thread

20 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

Hmmm. Discogs reviews are pretty positive too. I might have to check it out. Huge huge Cure fan but my collection is seriously lacking.

The only thing that really bothers me is the way it's packaged with part of the album cover being printed on the sleeve and the rest being filled in with the picture disc image.  It's petty... but it takes more work than it should to get the record back in the sleeve so that the album cover is lined up correctly and yes, i must do that.  lol

There are a few things I'd be interested:

-The Album Leaf - Past and Future Tense
-Wye Oak - If Children
-Peter Gabriel - Live Blood
-Pearl Jam - Live on Two Legs
-Pixies - Live at Coachella (mainly because I was there that year)

A lot of garbage, as usual, but a few records that would get me up in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

That Judybats - Native Son  is one of my white whale records.

I saw it ONCE at Waxie Maxies back around 1990, behind the counter.

I just bought my first CD player, so I bought the CD.

I never saw the LP version again. There is not even a Discogs listing for it.

That one is on the top of my list. 😃

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 12:01 PM, ethanpricington said:

...worst list I've ever seen. My heart is sad, but brain/wallet/wife are happy.  

Ok, so I'm somewhat taking this knee-jerk reaction/statement back after doing my annual RSD list deep dive where I go through release by release, read the listed label press release info and listen to what I can find for those I dont know much about. I do that because honestly I'm a nerd and have nothing better to do on my lunch break 

Anyways, I'm glad i did, because I'm now pretty excited for the following and hope I can get my hands on: 

• The Rationals - The Rationals
  • Commander Venus - The Uneventful Vacation
  • The Judybats - Native Son
  • Superchunk - incidental music 1991-95
  • Collective Soul - Disciplined Breakdown (June 18th drop)

12 minutes ago, ConwayStern said:

Any LAS VEGAS RSD strategy tips??

Ooops, booked myself out of town for RSD weekend.  Anyone know the lay of the land in Vegas? Best store to stakeout or any tips? Don't have a long list this year but don't know Vegas stores.  Thx,  

Zia Records is the place to hit up — I was in Vegas for RSD a few years ago and they had tons of stuff. 

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

The excitement for RSD in this thread is palpable.

I’m actually looking forward to sitting at my local early, hanging out with the other regulars and drinking beers at 9 in the morning. And then hopefully grabbing Commander Venus, The Judybats and Superchunk 

10 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

The only things that even remotely pique my interest are the Rentals x Nick Zinner LP, Parry Gripp picture disc and Foo Fighters 7-inch. I imagine I'll pick up the Ramones boxset, say, "Wow, this is way too expensive," and put it back.

$150 per Rhino

Ramones – The Sire LPs (1981-1989) – 7-LP 140g black vinyl boxed set, includes one vinyl with neon splatter, Limited edition of 14,000 copies, $149.98

4 hours ago, chiefwahoo said:

$150 per Rhino

Ramones – The Sire LPs (1981-1989) – 7-LP 140g black vinyl boxed set, includes one vinyl with neon splatter, Limited edition of 14,000 copies, $149.98

Eh that’s not horrible for a 7xLP. 

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

That will be $99 by the end of the summer.

And you’re probably right. 

5 hours ago, timsimmons said:

The excitement for RSD in this thread is palpable.

Sarcasm, eh? 

But I hear ya. I’m feeling the financial crunch at home with prices for just basics going up. So I’m in the feeling less enthused right now about RSD. Especially thinking how much all I want…which I can’t even remember…will be. 

5 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

I’m actually looking forward to sitting at my local early, hanging out with the other regulars and drinking beers at 9 in the morning. And then hopefully grabbing Commander Venus, The Judybats and Superchunk 

I'm looking forward to it too. There are only a couple of things I'm interested in, but I'm looking forward to stopping by a couple local shops, and then going to an afternoon game 4 of the Jazz/Mavericks series. Should be a fun day.

4 hours ago, skycriesmary said:

I'm curious how limited the Nick Cave and AIC releases will be.🤞

I know the AIC is is an RSD exclusive limited to 14350. That will be one of the ones I'm after. I'm also after Blue Velvet OST, Kirk Hammet, Kittie, Breakin' OST

June: PJ Live On 2 Legs, and both Voivod's Nothingface and Angel Rat

Hoping my locals will also use the wristband system. 

1st time since I started going to RSD that I won't be queuing up overnight. 

Only after Wire, Commander Venus & Frankie and the Witch Fingers as must haves from this April drop and then Blondie & one of the Bowie EPs as possible pick ups.

June: Prince, Super Furry Animals & Billy Bragg.

Edited by craigeduk

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread