Official Record Store Day Thread

Totally set alarms for 1234 and then fell asleep on my couch lol. Got Silverstein, looks like Masked Ontruder is the most in demand thing right now.

EDIT:

Got MI on Discogs.

Appears of the shops that don’t have a site and just sell through there have them up at MSRP.

Edited by MCDELTAT

I’ve been tracking two releases on Discogs, both Fountains of Wayne and Appleseed Cast, since yesterday morning. Copies began popping up at retail prices around 11:00 am ET on Friday. Now on Saturday there are nearly 50 copies of each for sale, with the price now below $25 each. I don’t always pay attention like this, but it seems way less people are heading to RSD in person, and it is far easier to grab what you want online than in the past.

8 hours ago, Alan P said:

I’ve been tracking two releases on Discogs, both Fountains of Wayne and Appleseed Cast, since yesterday morning. Copies began popping up at retail prices around 11:00 am ET on Friday. Now on Saturday there are nearly 50 copies of each for sale, with the price now below $25 each. I don’t always pay attention like this, but it seems way less people are heading to RSD in person, and it is far easier to grab what you want online than in the past.

Went to my local store at 630 in the morning for Appleseed Cast. I knew there would be left overs online but I'm into supporting locally.

However, my shop had it for a price of $47.99 and while I knew it was over priced I didn't think it was by much until I saw the prices on discogs. $25!!! Bought a copy online and retuned my local. As much as I want to support local I can't support price gouging or ignore the opportunity to save that much money.

Unless it's for something really rare I'm buying everything online next year.

Edited by Daiei

9 hours ago, Daiei said:

Went to my local store at 630 in the morning for Appleseed Cast. I knew there would be left overs online but I'm into supporting locally.

However, my shop had it for a price of $47.99 and while I knew it was over priced I didn't think it was by much until I saw the prices on discogs. $25!!! Bought a copy online and retuned my local. As much as I want to support local I can't support price gouging or ignore the opportunity to save that much money.

Unless it's for something really rare I'm buying everything online next year.

Same. Scored Silverstein for $10 less than what most places were selling at (high 30s low 40s)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 212 Margarita said:

The 1975 will be RSD UK ambassadors and also releasing a live album for RSD

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/news/2023/the-1975-announced-as-official-ambassadors-of-rsd-uk-2023/

NY resident here. Does anyone know if it will be possible to order this UK-exclusive 1975 RSD live LP? I'm a big fan of that album and would love to have this in my collection. Happy to work out payment and shipping with someone over the pond if anyone's willing :)

5 minutes ago, maintreqd said:

NY resident here. Does anyone know if it will be possible to order this UK-exclusive 1975 RSD live LP? I'm a big fan of that album and would love to have this in my collection. Happy to work out payment and shipping with someone over the pond if anyone's willing :)

I'd be surprised if this isn't available in the US. Wait for the full list before committing to anything, and I doubt we'll see many available online orders for this until the full list comes out.

6 hours ago, 212 Margarita said:

The 1975 will be RSD UK ambassadors and also releasing a live album for RSD

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/news/2023/the-1975-announced-as-official-ambassadors-of-rsd-uk-2023/

2 hours ago, HeartSwells said:

I'd be surprised if this isn't available in the US. Wait for the full list before committing to anything, and I doubt we'll see many available online orders for this until the full list comes out.

Ah, patience. I've heard of it. Not too familiar with it, though. 

• 2 weeks later...