Pearl Jam - Give Way - 2 LP - 15500
Soul Asylum - MTV Unplugged - 3050
Van Halen - Live: Right Here, Right Now - 4LP - 7500
The Verbe Pipe - Villians - LP - 2000

For The Kids:
Peppa Pig - Peppa's Clubhouse - LP - 1500
Rockabye Baby! - Lullaby Renditons of Queen - LP - 2000

On 2/17/2023 at 6:02 PM, Bro Use for a Name said:

It looks like the Taylor Swift release is probably going to be sold for $40-$50 and with a run of 115,000 it shouldn't be that hard to get (famous last words)?

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/product/taylor-swift/folklore-the-long-pond-studio-sessions-2

MSRP is $39.99, though distribution cost is almost $32, so I'm sure some shops will shoot for $45 - $50.  

I help a friend at his store, he sent me the distributor lists today to make my selections.  The prices are out of control.  Distributor cost and MSRP are a joke.  I can understand why shops wouldn't participate.  I expect a lot of leftover inventory on most titles and post RSD online prices weeks later to be the way to go.

On 2/17/2023 at 8:42 AM, nathan_s82 said:

For Me:

Macho Man Randy Savage - Be A Man - LP - 1000
Pearl Jam - Give Way - 2 LP - 15500
Soul Asylum - MTV Unplugged - 3050
Van Halen - Live: Right Here, Right Now - 4LP - 7500
The Verbe Pipe - Villians - LP - 2000

For The Kids:
Peppa Pig - Peppa's Clubhouse - LP - 1500
Rockabye Baby! - Lullaby Renditons of Queen - LP - 2000

I want the VH record too, but MSRP is $99.99 which is insane.

I work for two record labels and I see the cost of pressing records. Realistically, they’re spending $50-$60 per copy (maybe a little more if it’s in a nice box and not a quad gatefold). I can’t remember how much they charged for the 3xLP live box set with Roth, but I think that it was similar and this one is actually good. I love Roth-era Halen, but the live show wasn’t Roth’s strong suit. 

13 hours ago, seanicus said:

I work for two record labels and I see the cost of pressing records. Realistically, they’re spending $50-$60 per copy (maybe a little more if it’s in a nice box and not a quad gatefold). I can’t remember how much they charged for the 3xLP live box set with Roth, but I think that it was similar and this one is actually good. I love Roth-era Halen, but the live show wasn’t Roth’s strong suit. 

So this brand new 4LP release in a nice jacket is being sold for a loss? https://younggodrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/soundtracks-2018

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2023 at 11:10 AM, Shelby said:

So this brand new 4LP release in a nice jacket is being sold for a loss? https://younggodrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/soundtracks-2018

Had no idea Soundtracks for the Blind was still available.

Would rather have that than the Van Hagar box. Thanks! 😃

Edited by Plarocks

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 6:23 AM, marc32137 said:

My local store posted they’ve been getting inundated with calls every day from Swifties asking about her release. I think I’m just gonna sleep in and find an online drop somewhere. 

Same here. The only RSD release I've ever wanted that I couldn't grab online the next day for retail price was Slave to the Grind. I've gotten everything else I've wanted without the hassle of waiting in line, dealing with flippers, or spending money on gas. 

Picked up my stash this evening.  Pretty stoked I was able to get everything I requested through the shop I consign at.  The Van Halen set, while pricey, is pretty sweet.   I may try to snag Motorhead, didn't realize it's a set from the 80's when they were rocking the 4 piece, but otherwise am tapped out. 

For those who are after Macho Man, apparently most shops are only getting a few copies tops.   Surprisingly, I think it's going to be one of the hardest releases to get.

Cranberries – Wake Up And Smell The Coffee

Donna’s – Early Singles

Dope – Group Therapy

Fraternity – Flaming Galah

Horse The Band – The Mechanical Hand

Kittie – Until The End

Lacuna Coil – Dark Adrenaline

Lacuna Coil – Shadow Life

Macho Man Randy Savage – Be A Man

Poe – Hello

Shadows Fall – The War Within

Van Halen – Right Here, Right Now