Official Record Store Day Thread

Oof… we’re going to get douched with rain around 10 so we were optimistic our son’s tee ball would be canceled, but it’s on so I’m not going out until 11 at the earliest. Only things I want are Butcher Brown and The Verve Pipe… wish me luck!

5 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

My local shops suck, someone please help me out with:

Sigur Ros
The Wonder Years
Dismemberment Plan

Everything else I want I can probably find online but the pressing # are too low on these for me to be that confident

I'll keep an eye out.

2 hours ago, jeremysexytime said:

Heading in right now to get in line at my shop. I know for certain they didn't get The 1975 release, so if anyone can help me out with that I'd be happy to get something they want. My store got MOST things otherwise, PM me if we can work something out.

Sent you a PM Jeremy

Just went to my local record store in Raleigh and was turned away because I didn't have a time slot.  They told me that they would be open to the "General Public"  around 1:30...  There is nothing stated on their website about needing to reserve a slot, and I haven't known them to do this in the past.  Guess I'll have to find my records elsewhere this year 🤷‍♂️

Edit :   It was posted on their Facebook page 🙄... Wack

Edited by ajborneman

1 minute ago, jhulud said:

My store got picked clean. They received 80 copies of T-Swizzle and all gone by 9am. All my other wants were gone as well. 

Thankfully a great friend was able to get me a couple of things at his store. 

That's wild! My shop got likely upwards of 100 copies and split it between their 3 stores. I just left the 3rd right now and they've still got a good handful 2 hours after open. 2nd store still had some ~30 mins ago when I was there.

Easy peasy for me.  Went to the more popular shop about an hour after it opened and picked up Poe, then swing around to the less popular which had just opened snd only had a few in line and got their only copies of Tori Amos and Wilco. Was thinking I would grab a Taylor for my daughter if I saw it (she’s a huge fan but only ten and more in the Fearless/Speak Now/Red stage than Folklore) but the girl ahead of me got the last one and was super excited so I didn’t mind (and I probably would have given it to her anyway if she’s been behind me).

Seems like Poe will be pretty easy to get. 

2 hours ago, ajborneman said:

Just went to my local record store in Raleigh and was turned away because I didn't have a time slot.  They told me that they would be open to the "General Public"  around 1:30...  There is nothing stated on their website about needing to reserve a slot, and I haven't known them to do this in the past.  Guess I'll have to find my records elsewhere this year 🤷‍♂️

Edit :   It was posted on their Facebook page 🙄... Wack

I assume that was Schoolkids? We went to Nice Price and the Record Krate so we could do Schoolkids last and eat at Cloos’ but the line is still around the front to the side of the building. Wack indeed! How were time slots even selected?!