Official Record Store Day Thread

It's ridiculous how many scam mers are on discogs. I feel bad for everyone who got scammed this weekend. You could even see the sales history of all those scams as they were happening. I watched dozens of tswift and Macho Man scams happening in real time. I mean understand why people fell into them. They were selling so quickly that there was no time to look into the seller that was selling. Fomo is real and scammers know it

3 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

I watched dozens of tswift and Macho Man scams happening in real time. 

I've read this sentence like 6 times.   You really never know what crazy events mankind is going to throw at you.   What a pairing. 

Edited by bear801

19 hours ago, LIGMA_BALLZ said:

Hey if you still want that Orville peck

https://www.banquetrecords.com/orville-peck/bronco-[rsd23]/19658784141

nm it’s gone 

Looks like it's still available...but the shippin' is what kills me! If only there was another record I had to have I could maybe justify it.

Thanks, though!

i fell for the tswift scam because i wasnt paying attention and jumped at a deal. i asked for photos of the album once i realized the account had no stars and they cancelled the order lol. i ended up getting my money back no problem. just had to contact paypal support and it was literally immediate. then, someone wonderful on here posted about the record shop that was posting several copies on discogs and i was able to get it even cheaper than that!

now i’m down to just needing the 1975, but it’s looking more and more like that record is the one that is gonna be hard to come across!

2 hours ago, NotACop said:

Still looking for a Nuggets box and a Wilco if anyone sees them out in the wild anywhere - thanks!

My local shop should still have the Nuggest box. I can check today after work. Happy to pick it up for cost+tax+shipping. I have plenty of boxes and go to the Post Office daily so wouldn't be any trouble for me.

For anyone interested, I bought Sum 41’s Chuck from LeNoise and learned that there are three variants that were released on Saturday. Kind of the same rollout as DTLI. So I think Americans can expect to get access to them soon. 
The colour I got was translucent cream with red & grey splash. Looks like a raw chicken breast. 

How are you guys actually getting baited by Discogs scammers?

I understand that you have to be quick with a lot of those RSD exclusives, but even if you fly in and add something to your cart, and checkout in < 5 seconds... you can probably glance at the user profile that was created that morning, with no avatar, and 0 feedback, selling a record at a price that's a little too good to be true, and probably put 2 and 2 together before sending a payment over.  I didn't think that was too big-brain to piece together.

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I understand that you have to be quick with a lot of those RSD exclusives, but even if you fly in and add something to your cart, and checkout in < 5 seconds... you can probably glance at the user profile that was created that morning, with no avatar, and 0 feedback, selling a record at a price that's a little too good to be true, and probably put 2 and 2 together before sending a payment over.  I didn't think that was too big-brain to piece together.

This is why I was warning. I knew there would be a ton of people fall victim. I thought at least I could save VC members from falling victim. It's been happening a lot more these past few years since the uptick in vinyl sales. There's actually a thread in the Discogs forums that lists the scammers. Before they were banned, you were able to see their "available" stock on day of RSD. I watched in abhorrence as their stock would sellout and quickly be replenished to only be sold out again. 

20 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I guess it is…

spacer.png

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...