Official Record Store Day Thread

Yet another year passes by and still no That Thing You Do! OST. At this point I'm going to be some old man years from now waiting on the god-damn 50th Anniversary press or something. Literally screw whoever is holding that process up. 

Also, I can't go this year and was hoping for another year of crap so I wouldn't have FOMO. I was this close to success when I get to the very bottom and see the first pressing ever of The Verve Pipe album 😑At least it's an 'RSD First' and will have a wider release later on in case I miss getting a copy online. 

Edited by ethanpricington

29 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Yet another year passes by and still no That Thing You Do! OST. At this point I'm going to be some old man years from now waiting on the god-damn 50th Anniversary press or something. Literally screw whoever is holding that process up. 

This is seriously so baffling to me. The test presses were done THREE YEARS AGO! They auctioned one off for charity and everything! What the fuck is taking so long?!?

1 hour ago, scottheisel said:

This is seriously so baffling to me. The test presses were done THREE YEARS AGO! They auctioned one off for charity and everything! What the fuck is taking so long?!?

Exactly. I thought I read somewhere that it was in Playtones court now for some reason. Idk it doesn't make sense to me. If the test presses are done/approved. Then that means money was already in the budget for the press. Literally it would be like printing money. I swear these majors careless about printing money and more about finding the next big thing. 

1 hour ago, dawhizz said:

Me, a responsible 40-something adult: “Another boring RSD.”

The 90s kid who lives inside me: “Hello by Poe, Little Earthquakes B-sides AND Villains by The Verve Pipe? Hell yes! Gotta nab those!”

I just checked out the UK list and I’m drawing the line at Women in Technology by White Town. 

15 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Also, I can't go this year and was hoping for another year of crap so I wouldn't have FOMO. I was this close to success when I get to the very bottom and see the first pressing ever of The Verve Pipe album 😑At least it's an 'RSD First' and will have a wider release later on in case I miss getting a copy online. 

If you were seriously thinking that it would be part of an RSD drop then you were always going to be disappointed.