Official Record Store Day Thread

The Stranglers' Best Of might be the RSDBF 2020 release I need the most.

Followed closely by Lou Reed's Magic and Loss which is a fantastic and underrated album IMO.

U2 really hates their early material. An album like Boy deserves at least an extra LP treatment for a 40th Anniversary. Have to pass on it.

I hope to get The Comet Is Coming and Elliot Smith 12"s at discount. The Grandaddy one I might need to buy at-cost. Shitty value propositions, all.

9 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Will get those DBT and Tupelo live albums. 

I am sorely tempted by both.

58 minutes ago, qula said:

would love to get meteora but something tells me it's not going to be easy...

also - does anyone know if kids see ghosts will be on coloured vinyl? i think that the standard black one is still quite easy to buy, I got it from amazon couple of moths ago for like less than 15euro...

Kids see Ghosts is going to be on pink vinyl

2 hours ago, kannibal said:

The RSD version of Sap has an etching just like the MOV pressing. I wonder if this just a repressing of the MOV as a stand alone. 

Hmm... Have been putting off getting the Jar of Flies / Sap set forever, would be nice to have the separate Sap artwork. I wonder if there will be a Jar of Flies standalone reissue soon too

anyone else not a big fan of etchings though? They always seem kinda cheesy to me

5 minutes ago, al-naafiysh said:

Hmm... Have been putting off getting the Jar of Flies / Sap set forever, would be nice to have the separate Sap artwork. I wonder if there will be a Jar of Flies standalone reissue soon too

anyone else not a big fan of etchings though? They always seem kinda cheesy to me

Yeah, I hate them. But I’ve beat that dead horse.

5 hours ago, al-naafiysh said:

Sap artwork is on the mov

On 10/8/2020 at 5:01 PM, faaip de oiad said:

In for Sap and Anthrax. .. yum!

same here. well that and a bunch of jazz records. cool thing is the place i go to doesn't have a great jazz clientele so i can pick up jazz records that come out on RSD literally weeks or months after its sold out everywhere else. 

Now that ANTHRAx lp is gonna be hard to come by. i'm gonna have to ask everyone i know to help me out with that one. 

8 hours ago, Roandy55 said:

Looking at the FAQ's,  there are a lot there relating to availability and resale. I think this could be a deliberate UK policy to try and counteract the activities of flippers.

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/about-rsd/faqs/

Would love to know where they got this figure:

Our research also tells us that more than 95% of all product makes its way into legitimate fans hands and is not sold via eBay.

2 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

Would love to know where they got this figure:

What's wrong with that figure?

Is it fair to say that Cherry Bomb was probably one of the highest profile releases of the drops? Just looking at that I see 249 sold listings on ebay and another 13 on discogs with a good amount still for sale. Let's add up all the secondary sales and then add 150 more just to be safe (if my ebay search somehow missed that many) to not undercut the actual percentage and get 400-450 copies that have probably sold on the aftermarket. There were 7,250 copies pressed for the US and another 7,250 for the rest of the world. So out of 14,500 copies about 2.7-3.1% have been flipped publicly. Even if I somehow missed 250-300 more secondary sales it only just hits 5%.

Yeah every release is different but I'm sure when averaged together it won't be too far off 95%.

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread