Official Record Store Day Thread

The vinyl version of one of My Chemical Romance's LIFE ON THE MURDER SCENE and a very special limited edition version of the Stones' classic LET IT BLEED were on the original RSD List when it launched in March. 

And they're still coming to record stores--just not on any of our #RSDDrops dates. Look for these on the list of titles coming for RSD Black Friday later this year.

• 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, pizza face said:

I'm just interested in how this is going to work. I read that stores should have info this Friday on how they're going to handle the releases. I already took the day off from work because this month had the most releases I want. 

My local is doing appointment slots. 20 people in the store max and you have a 15 minute time max. 

Luckily nothing i want this year except Cherry Bomb which shouldn’t be too hard to get online after. 

On 6/2/2020 at 12:10 PM, webdoggy said:

Black Crowes - Lions is getting pressed?? Is that a new addition to the list or did I just miss that originally?

I think you must’ve missed it the first time. This and Robyn are the only things I saw that piqued my interest, and I feel pretty confident that won’t be too hard to snag one outta 3000.

24 minutes ago, frutiger75 said:

what are the titles that are expected to be in high demand in the first drop?

only interested in two titles in the first drop (none, really, in the second two...unless online availability exists for non-flipper prices).

Idk. Sounds like you wanna know which records are gonna flip for high money. No one will probably help you with that. 

28 minutes ago, frutiger75 said:

what are the titles that are expected to be in high demand in the first drop?

only interested in two titles in the first drop (none, really, in the second two...unless online availability exists for non-flipper prices).

"Hey kids what are the most popular records now? I'm not a cop"

19 minutes ago, pizza face said:

Idk. Sounds like you wanna know which records are gonna flip for high money. No one will probably help you with that. 

17 minutes ago, Sh100by said:

"Hey kids what are the most popular records now? I'm not a cop"

what kind of asinine, bullshit allegations are these? i asked this question because i wanted to gauge how early to get in line.  fuck you both.

3 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Nothing is going to be hard to get. There’s no big ticket items this year and anything from thats remotely popular is getting pressed into oblivion. 

Welp, if you happen to come across either of the Bone Thugs or Robyn LPs, for retail or less than $100 each, pick one of for me and I’ll get ya back. 👊

4 minutes ago, Sh100by said:

Total cop reply. Control yourself officer.

so your position is that, by me merely asking a question that even indirectly hints that i am looking to gain intel on which records to flip (i don't flip records), i flip? 

that's unfair, at best.

Edited by frutiger75

7 minutes ago, frutiger75 said:

what kind of asinine, bullshit allegations are these? i asked this question because i wanted to gauge how early to get in line.  fuck you both.

Your guess is as good as mine. Look at how many copies are being pressed of the record(s) you want. Depending on how badly you want it, that will determine how long you wanna wait in line. 

Just now, frutiger75 said:

so your position is that, by me merely asking a question that even indirectly hints that i am looking to gain intel on which records to flip  (i don't flip records), i flip? 

that's unfair, at best.

Yes a cop acts like this. I regret making the joke I hope you're happy.

10 minutes ago, Sh100by said:

Yes a cop acts like this. I regret making the joke I hope you're happy.

and i apologize for making the knee-jerk reactionary comment. although i admit RSD is in large part a flip machine, i'm not a member of that clan.

i just wanted to get some insight as to whether i should get some sleep, stay home, avoid lines/people (esp. this year) and buy online as opposed to subjecting myself to all of that. i'm getting tired of lining up.

maybe i'll just take a chance this year and pay the small flipper premium online (if any) for the two titles in which i'm interested.

EDIT: maybe i'll even give Vinceron some of my money...

Edited by frutiger75

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread
  • jhulud pinned this topic