Official Record Store Day Thread

5 hours ago, obliriovrons said:

The Billie record is surprisingly very nice. Also, great to finally finally have Cherry Bomb on vinyl. Sad I got kinda screwed on the Robyn vinyl from Bull Moose, but oh well.

My Billie album shipped on 30 August, but according to USPS tracking it's still not in their system. Was going to post in the Fucking USPS thread! It's shipping from Dearborn, MI. Have a feeling they may have lost it.

13 hours ago, Roandy55 said:

My Billie album shipped on 30 August, but according to USPS tracking it's still not in their system. Was going to post in the Fucking USPS thread! It's shipping from Dearborn, MI. Have a feeling they may have lost it.

I live near there and Detroit has been a mess since March.  So don't assume it is lost. I have had numerous packages that I have dropped at my local post office that didn't get an acceptance scans for weeks. Some never did and didn't get scanned at all until weeks later when they got delivered. Honestly as of now if it isn't a month late I don't stress about it. Everything i have sent and ordered has showed up at some point.

On 9/13/2020 at 5:06 PM, SasukeTheRipper said:

I was interested in getting the vinyl by Biffy Clyro and The Menzingers, but my local record store hardly got anything at all… 

Here are a couple of Biffy links in the US, if shipping costs aren't an issue. Some UK stores still have this also.

https://store.jackpotrecords.com/UPC/190295288532

https://shop.cactusmusictx.com/UPC/190295288532

The Menzingers will be getting another general re-issue shortly, if this is any help.

https://www.fatbeats.com/products/menzingers-chamberlain-waits-lp?_pos=1&_sid=606ee4d7c&_ss=r

1 hour ago, unknown pleasures said:

Amoeba just listed a bunch of nice Drop 1 stuff at reasonable prices on Discogs: Wipers, Clipping, New Order...

Finally nabbed Robyn through them. Thanks for the heads up! Also, thanks to the people who posted about it after my other post, I forgot to look at VC for awhile after and by the time I checked, it was gone, but I appreciate it regardless!

54 minutes ago, obliriovrons said:

Finally nabbed Robyn through them. Thanks for the heads up! Also, thanks to the people who posted about it after my other post, I forgot to look at VC for awhile after and by the time I checked, it was gone, but I appreciate it regardless!

You’re welcome! I was going to post a follow up about the Robyn LP being available but wasn’t sure if it would last.

They had The Weeknd up for a nanosecond! 

Currently a ton of Cherry Bomb Instrumentals if anyone is still looking for those, plus some Slints.

58 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Just looked through the list for the 9/26 drop. Pretty dismal & meh at best. Except for the Hackers soundtrack. 

I'm one of those rare people that gets hyped about Durutti Column reissues. And in an arguably even-more-rare camp of thinking that 4xLP Dirty Three reissue is a highlight of all of RSD 2020.

Even so, last month was definitely the biggest for me.

On 9/16/2020 at 4:25 PM, unknown pleasures said:

Amoeba just listed a bunch of nice Drop 1 stuff at reasonable prices on Discogs: Wipers, Clipping, New Order...

cool, I just contacted amoeba a few days ago because my Wipers got pretty destroyed in the mail but they said they didnt have anymore

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread