Official Record Store Day Thread

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Ocean Songs is getting a 4-LP reissue.  Remastered album with 2 additional LPs of live material previously unreleased.  Details here – it is indeed the 1 thing worth eying for this upcoming RSD drop.

How the hell did I not see that? Crazy. 

With only 400 copies, I seriously doubt the local

store is gonna have a copy, and there isn’t much I want besides that. But, fuck it, I may have another 8 hour tailgate party by myself for this. Got nothing better to do.

On 9/19/2020 at 9:23 PM, JohnMatrix said:

NiB is the only thing I've generally seen people say they want with this drop. I can't imagine I will be able to get one being online only

This and Skid Row from next month's drop are all I want out of RSD2020.  Definitely think I'm not going to be able to obtain either for a decent price.  People already pre-sale-ing NiB on Ebay for $90; and apparently someone already has it on Discogs and said it sounded muddy, not sure where they got their copy.

1 minute ago, museummouth said:

It’s weird that this Fridays new releases are way better than saturdays RSD ones. 

Deftones

Idles

that massive Prince box

Tons of good stuff tomorrow. Sylvan Esso, Death Bells, The Neighbourhood, Joji, Tim Heidecker, Eyes, Blue Hawaii, the list goes on. RSD really blew it this year imo. Some would say they blow it every year.

30 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

Tons of good stuff tomorrow. Sylvan Esso, Death Bells, The Neighbourhood, Joji, Tim Heidecker, Eyes, Blue Hawaii, the list goes on. RSD really blew it this year imo. Some would say they blow it every year.

Damn I didnt know Sylvan and Joji came out too. What a day. 

4 hours ago, N8TRU said:

Tons of good stuff tomorrow. Death Bells, Tim Heidecker, Blue Hawaii, the list goes on. RSD really blew it this year imo. Some would say they blow it every year.

Will have agree with these, plus Deftones & IDLES. 

But RSD’s got Big L ‘Danger Zone’, Boys Next Door ‘Door, Door’, Curren$y ‘Pilot Talk’, Death Piggy ‘Welcome To The Record’, This Are Two Tone AND Dance Craze, Primus ‘Suck On This’, Nas ‘God’s Son’, Mew ‘And The Glass Handed Kites’, & Dirty Three ‘Ocean Songs Deluxe’, plus Natalie Prass ‘ST’. 

Personally, outside of Death Piggy, all records every collection should have.

I still don’t get why people shit on RSD. Even when it’s “weak” I can find 11 records I want. 

Edited by MyEnemy

12 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

I still don’t get why people shit on RSD. Even when it’s “weak” I can find 11 records I want. 

I usually have an interest in max 4 records a year but with their prices that number is even lower. Half of what I wanted this year got cancelled.

On 9/24/2020 at 11:16 AM, Rottengoth said:

I’m a total idiot and had no idea NIB was coming out till I just seen 1234 post about it. Guess I need to look at the list better.

This and AIC are my #1 most wanted represses! Gonna be pretty sad if this doesn't go my way...

Gonna wait on AIC info now...🤪

5 hours ago, TheDuke said:

So......what are the chances of this Brit getting his hands on a copy of that 4LP Dirty Three release...then?!

I gather it's a US release only..bummer. Also hoping to bag a NiB & Durutti Column 1st pressing.

I'm still trying track down a copy of the Spacehog LP from last month for a price I'm happy to part with. But got a few tasty titles from August's drop..including Spacemen 3 & The Amorphous Androgynous.

If you want to work together. I want Tron pretty bad.

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread