Official Record Store Day Thread

They should just release stuff as it is available but I am guessing they know half the reason there is demand for a lot of this stuff is because they are record store day exclusives and would sell a lot less if they were just the indie exclusive that pop up all year round 

Edited by apirk

• 2 weeks later...

In the UK on the 20th June there is another event happening "Love Record Stores" as online replacement to the rearranged RSD on that date. Looks like some RSD titles will be out plus lots of other exclusive variants (full details of whey they are not shown yet)

https://www.loverecordstores.com/love-record-stores-releases

5 hours ago, craigeduk said:

In the UK on the 20th June there is another event happening "Love Record Stores" as online replacement to the rearranged RSD on that date. Looks like some RSD titles will be out plus lots of other exclusive variants (full details of whey they are not shown yet)

What it should have been all along!

Wouldn’t be surprised if this now becomes an ongoing annual event for online record stores that takes some of the shine off RSD. And with how poorly they handled it, they have no one to blame but themselves.

14 hours ago, craigeduk said:

In for Mr Beast, hopefully manage to get a copy!

I’m not sure how exclusive some of those variants are, it looks like some are just surplus stock that’s been rebranded. For example, the Arctic Monkeys album on silver wax was a web store exclusive. And the Bon Iver album on red was a secretly store exclusive.

7 hours ago, Skacel said:

I’m not sure how exclusive some of those variants are, it looks like some are just surplus stock that’s been rebranded. For example, the Arctic Monkeys album on silver wax was a web store exclusive. And the Bon Iver album on red was a secretly store exclusive.

Yeah it's probably made up of a mixture of things, some surplus stick from previous exclusives, some planned RSD titles & some brand new exclusives. It's been put together very quickly so I guess they are happy with what they can get. 

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread
  • jhulud pinned this topic