Official Record Store Day Thread

20 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

That does work out for that Blue Tron Legacy release last month. I counted at least 60 auctions, by no means all of them..plus there's plenty of fixed priced copies still available, all well over the retail price..and i haven't checked discogs sales. I would put at least 20% or more of those were flipped.

I'm not sure where you're counting but ebay shows 46 copies sold for me. Yeah there's more listed but thats not part of their statistic.

Even 60 is 6% of 1,000 so it's a huge stretch to throw that number out there and say "yeah so at least 20% were flipped". Thats 140 more copies, discogs currently shows 8 sales.

4 hours ago, Shelby American said:

I'm not sure where you're counting but ebay shows 46 copies sold for me. Yeah there's more listed but thats not part of their statistic.

Even 60 is 6% of 1,000 so it's a huge stretch to throw that number out there and say "yeah so at least 20% were flipped". Thats 140 more copies, discogs currently shows 8 sales.

I don’t really have the time to work out the numbers so I’ll take you at face value and agree if you think the 5% figure they give us is accurate, but it would be unfair to only include sold copies and not those still for sale priced over retail as they technically take away from the pool of copies available to the public at retail.

Each of those represent a copy taken off a wall or out of a bin in some retail environment and being offered for sale at a markup.

On 10/17/2020 at 4:40 PM, Shelby American said:

Popsike shows around 120 sold copies on eBay for "rsd 2020 tron". I'm sure there are more without that exact wording in the title. So the percentages are higher for the hotter titles. With the less sought after ones closing the % gap overall.

6 minutes ago, fish said:

Popsike shows around 120 sold copies on eBay for "rsd 2020 tron". I'm sure there are more without that exact wording in the title. So the percentages are higher for the hotter titles. With the less sought after ones closing the % gap overall.

Yeah that would make sense. There are too many unflippable records due to lack of interest that somehow have larger pressings than the in demand ones to really balk at their figure in the end.

6 minutes ago, fish said:

Yeah that would make sense. There are too many unflippable records due to lack of interest that somehow have larger pressings than the in demand ones to really balk at their figure in the end.

I read through a number of pages and have some ideas, but where are y'all having the most online success for RSD titles? I only want one thing(Pepper like the user above), but my store didn't receive a copy and I'm not traveling to SF for one record. I will be searching around on Saturday myself, but any other help is appreciated. I mean, that's the whole point of this forum right? 

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread