Official Record Store Day Thread

39 minutes ago, smailtronic said:

If anybody wants anything from this list, I'm heading there are at 10 tomorrow morning, and can grab whatever you want. Just add 10% for tax and $5 for postage. PM me!

Holy fuck, please nobody else ask for Skid Row! So far I'm grabbing Skid Row, Kali Uchs, Pepper, and The Wildbunch. Anything else is still fair game.

22 hours ago, craigeduk said:

Would really recommend the Various Artist comp from Captured Tracks - Strum & Thrum: The American Jangle Underground 83 to 87. Great package (87 page book!) and not too pricey either :)  https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/13272

Would LOVE to find this. Went to a couple stores today, and neither one had a copy.

20 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

Has anybody seen/heard anything more regarding that elusive Dirty Three 4xLP release yet. I've noticed that there is still not a Discogs listing showing for it yet. Had a look on eBay..none listed on there either...all very strange.

I think that was cancelled.  There's an Amazon page but I don't think it ever dropped:

https://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Songs-Deluxe-Transparent-Violet/dp/B08GK8X7ZG/ref=pd_ybh_a_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0C0EDEKHT8B117ZA4646

On 10/24/2020 at 8:40 PM, smailtronic said:

Holy fuck, please nobody else ask for Skid Row! So far I'm grabbing Skid Row, Kali Uchs, Pepper, and The Wildbunch. Anything else is still fair game.

any chance youre going back? they have vitamin string quartet does lana del ray and i cant find that anywhere. 

7 minutes ago, MicLima said:

I can't believe how difficult Skid Row is to acquire.  Wasn't it a 4000 press?  NIB was surprisingly easier to obtain at a lesser pressing number.  Are there any online stores that are posting RSD stock today?  I would really rather not pay the $80+ on Ebay or Discogs.

I'm in the same boat. I didn't get expect this to be so hard to find. I managed to get Resident Alien in drop 1 and NIB in drop 2. But no Skid Row for me either, and it was the only thing I wanted. My theory is that drop 3 was by far the weakest of the three drops, so more people focused on getting Skid Row. 

2 minutes ago, ntslash said:

I'm in the same boat. I didn't get expect this to be so hard to find. I managed to get Resident Alien in drop 1 and NIB in drop 2. But no Skid Row for me either, and it was the only thing I wanted. My theory is that drop 3 was by far the weakest of the three drops, so more people focused on getting Skid Row. 

I had the exact opposite experience.  My shop (with 3 locations) had 3 copies of Skid Row, but zero NIBs. I got skid row easily, but still no luck on a reasonably priced NIB.

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread