Official Record Store Day Thread

I have always enjoyed Record Store Day. It is the time I meet up with the same 4 people, and enjoyed watching all the people doing the “drunk walk” home after bar hopping in Fells Point.

One year, there was this one guy that was a bit strange, and was starting to get aggressive.

I just shared with him an Iggy Pop quote, and THE FOUR OF US just looked at him...

He went away. 😄  

This year, they handed out numbers to disperse the line.

Longest I’ve ever done the line for was over 12 hours. That was the year that paper bag Deja came out. Great list that year. 

usually I’ll do 8 hours or so early and bring a tent and just sleep most of it with headphones on. This year was the first time I didn’t go early for a main RSD since like 2011. 

Speaking of 2011-2012 era those were the days when you could show up ten minutes before opening and be first in line. 

Anyone looking for the two June of 44 RSD releases?  My buddy’s record shop has one of each.  

He also has one of each of Billie Eillish, the Iggy Pop box set, Gravediggaz, Jehtro Tull, Fight, Judas Priest, Surfer Blood, Kevin Morby, and Kelly Finnegan. 

Just PM me if you’re interested. First come,  first served and no holds. All of the records are around MSRP plus shipping from Michigan and he accepts PayPal.  

Thanks!

Edited by mpitts

Juno are also re-stocking Charli, with a release date set for 5 September. I believe the original pressing was 2000 which must have sold out by now, so this looks like a re-press which will probably also be a bit easier to obtain elsewhere.

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/charli-xcx-vroom-vroom/770684-01/

I picked up both Studio One completions, Studio First from the vaults vol.2 and Studio One rockers. Showed up about 2 hours early (4am) and was 4th person in line. Snagged the only copies they had. Had a nice time, caught up on some reading, all in all, a good RSD. Looking for the Virgin Suicides soundtrack on the next drop. 

8 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

You really think so? I may remember incorrectly but I thought those early RSDs were solid - only 30 or so releases but pretty good stuff.

Maybe I’m just being nostalgic...

Maybe in the USA, but I clearly remember one year having only a Soundgarden 7" and the other year only having an Editors 7" that was interesting, rest was junk imho.

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread