Official Record Store Day Thread

2 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

GDI, I was in at Rough Trade, but no luck. It opened up 5 minutes early, but there either weren't any copies of Dirty Three, or there were just a couple and people were faster than me. sigh.

You posted this reply a 11:58AM EST. 2 minutes before noon. I had the page loaded but when I refreshed just now I am 4007 in queue and apparently will have to wait 37 minutes. Stupid fucking RT.

4 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

You posted this reply a 11:58AM EST. 2 minutes before noon. I had the page loaded but when I refreshed just now I am 4007 in queue and apparently will have to wait 37 minutes. Stupid fucking RT.

Yep, I got in about 20 minutes early, and kept refreshing. It looks like the stock went live around 11:54 am. 

LOL, my time is apparently up at the site. Now I'm 5,707th in line. Record Store Day is dumb.

Edited by throwgncpr

1 minute ago, throwgncpr said:

Yep, I got in about 20 minutes early, and kept refreshing. It looks like the stock went live around 11:54 am. 

I added my e-mail to be notified, played the queue game, and refreshed consistently starting around 8:54 (PST).  Nothing popped up.  I think this is like many of the "leftover" drops over the last 24 hours – few and far between, and never truly restocked online if there were no extras available.

3 hours ago, ConwayStern said:

Ditto, don't feel bad -- RT posted SAt. (on Insta i think?) they were sold out of Dirty Three.  I have a friend who's convinced they hold stock back... but that's speculative. 

RT accidently posted the Dirty Three for sale during the 2020 October RSD even after it was announced it was pushed out.  I ordered one then and rode it out to see if I'd actually get it. Not only did they send me one, but I got it in about a week ago. Guessing there are others that this happened to too. 

1 hour ago, dirkrondo said:

RT accidently posted the Dirty Three for sale during the 2020 October RSD even after it was announced it was pushed out.  I ordered one then and rode it out to see if I'd actually get it. Not only did they send me one, but I got it in about a week ago. Guessing there are others that this happened to too. 

That's amazing— congrats! Kind of hoped that would happen w/ Fat Beats since they also had it listed. But  no response to queries.  

3 hours ago, dirkrondo said:

The long con, nice.  No wonder RT had no extras to go around.  I remember ordering mine from Popmarket and eventually got fed up that they kept bumping the release date back month after month.  Canceled my order and now I don’t even see a Sold Out listing on their site.

RT’s $66 + shipping is a hell of a deal when people are consistently spending $200 on that box.  I don’t even want to look at that $285 auction from over the weekend – I think it still has a few days left.

I lucked out on Discogs and grabbed one for $53 + shipping.  Sealed but scuffed on the back edge, with the start of seam wear on one of the jackets.  At that price and considering the scarcity, I think I can live with it, especially since the alternatives are $140 imports.

8 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I lucked out on Discogs and grabbed one for $53 + shipping.  Sealed but scuffed on the back edge, with the start of seam wear on one of the jackets.  At that price and considering the scarcity, I think I can live with it, especially since the alternatives are $140 imports.

Nice! I had the same - mine supposedly has a dent on the back lower corner - for $52 and I’m perfectly okay with that since I was striking out paying ~$140 on import copies. Shipped today, can’t wait to spin it.

16 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I remember ordering mine from Popmarket and eventually got fed up that they kept bumping the release date back month after month.  Canceled my order and now I don’t even see a Sold Out listing on their site.

They cancelled all the orders. I also had one in at Popmarket, and they eventually just gave up.

I'd be very happy with a scratch n dent copy at a reasonable price. I refuse to pay the insane import or flipper prices for this.

Fingerprints is verrrrrrry slowly putting their stock up right now (in what looks to be alphabetical order).  You might get lucky with something if you have patience.   A lot of these they'll only have 1 or 2 copies though.

https://fingerprintsmusic.tuneportals.com/Genre/695402

Edited by djghost1976

On 6/12/2021 at 5:20 PM, heyhamburgerpimp said:

Anybody got a lead on the Police Live 1979 (blue)? Managed to find a red…

https://www.eelpierecords.com/store/p11296/The_Police_~_Live_Vol._1_[RSD_2021_Drop_1].html

if you haven’t found one already. 

Also, to the group at large, I’m still looking for a copy of Alkaline if anyone’s got a link or phone number to a local shop with one. UGH!!!! 😩

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread