Official Record Store Day Thread

6 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Weird. Bullmoose seems to have set it off sale, but it’s up on Zia. I’m going to assume T&G is just going to make it a wide release. Which is fuckin cool!

EDIT: tried to put in an order via Zia, and it wouldn’t let it go through. Says it’s off sale at Luna AND it says it’s out of 1000 not 400. Not sure what’s going. Haha

Yeah, when they first announced this thing, it was /400 and then became /1,000 worldwide.  (Not 100% sure which to believe.)  The 2025 release is what's throwing me off the most at this point.  I wonder if the entire thing got canned or if Touch & Go pulled the plug on it so they can release it themselves, later on.  Hopefully not in another 5 year though.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, when they first announced this thing, it was /400 and then became /1,000 worldwide.  (Not 100% sure which to believe.)  The 2025 release is what's throwing me off the most at this point.  I wonder if the entire thing got canned or if Touch & Go pulled the plug on it so they can release it themselves, later on.  Hopefully not in another 5 year though.

Amazon has it as well as 10.23. $48. If it will acutually get fulfilled, and on that date, who knows. But them and Best Buy you're able to check out and have that date. 

1 hour ago, MyEnemy said:

Bad Boys by Inner Circle because that mother fucker is a COP!

Lol no I’m prior service military and work in the automotive field so far from it. I got 2 copies from the local record store because as he put it “no one asked for it but you” and he’s a friend of mine, then ordered one from 

https://tonedeafrecs.com/products/new-bayside-heaven-rsd-7?_pos=1&_sid=299dfd5ed&_ss=r&variant=36300223316122

Edited by Bryson87

3 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

12/31/2025? That date date doesn't make any sense....there aren't 31 months in a year?! lol!

Sorry..i couldn't resist it....i never could understand why US put the month before the day!

I'll get me coat......

:P

We say the date out loud as December 31st so the numbers are in that order.

This go 'round, it wasn't anything I really wanted, it was one that I was kind of interested in hearing before purchase it "Psyche France: Vol. 6" but the two stores in my town didn't get any shipped but found out only one of them actually pre-ordered it but I'm not worried, I'll probably find it at some point.  There was a Big L. album too "Danger Zone", I was tempted to get it but the album was just a collection of freestyles and songs I already owned on various 12"s, only two songs I wouldn't mind having on vinyl but I'm not about to buy a vinyl for two songs though, I'm good. 

Anyway, the store I went to, I was surprised to see a few more people than last month, the first person in line was hyped as hell, he was ready to cop the Notorious B.I.G. box set and he got it; the store owner told me he pre-ordered 20 copies and was lucky to get only one in, another store said they pre-ordered 10 copies and ended up with none, lol. 

Items I saw go very quickly I didn't think would were the Jerry Garcia box set (it's still Dead-heads out there?) the 1st store had four copies and all of them sold within the first hour, the 2nd store I went to said they had six copies and sold five of them. 

Coolio's "Gangster's Paradise" like who really wants that album, ever since that record came out I would ALWAYS see copies of it on vinyl and it would always be priced under $20 but now with a repressing people are snatching it up, uuhhh okay; I think I still have a promo-dj copy of that album sitting around in a crate somewhere, I've never played it. 

Fleetwood Mac, don't they re-issue an album by them every RSD, I swear the album I saw was the same one from last year but maybe it was a different version of the same one from last year's RSD?

Roger Waters "The Wall: Live In Berlin" & Shooter Jennings "Live At Bonnaroo" both were being asked about if the stores had any copies left the entire time I was at both stores, not sure how many either stores got in but obviously a few but they didn't last long.

I hope with the 3rd installment of RSD on Oct. 24th that at least there is something I want, from what I see on the site so far (I hope they are adding more to that list), nothing is worth waking up so early for.

I'm somehow forgot about this on Saturday morning so I'm still searching for A Rooster Says by Brandi Carlile if anyone sees one. Didn't really think it would be this hard to track down something that has 12k copies.

edit: got lucky and found a normal priced discogs copy

Edited by fish

9 minutes ago, fish said:

I'm somehow forgot about this on Saturday morning so I'm still searching for A Rooster Says by Brandi Carlile if anyone sees one. Didn't really think it would be this hard to track down something that has 12k copies.

This store in Canada has 3 copies in stock.

https://www.deaddogrecords.com/lp-brandi-carlile-a-rooster-says-soundgarden-tribu.html

20 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

I put an order in with Best Buy, since I've never had an order with them not be fulfilled. We'll see what happens. 

I went with a PopMarket order myself just as a backup.  I'm feeling iffy about this one though – not a single entry for it on Discogs just yet, which is kind of bizarre.

24 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

If anyone is near Long Beach in Cali, they have Currensy for pick up (and some other titles too) https://fingerprintsmusic.tuneportals.com/UPC/888915663769

Hell yeah, I’d already picked up Pilot Talk for pretty cheap, but got The Danger Zone and shipped too. Definitely didn’t want to drive all the way to Long Beach to save $25-$30.

Following on from discovering the Billie Eilish No Time To Die Amazon exclusive is now shipping to the UK, I've received a stock notification from Banquet for The Charlottes🤑🤑😖😖 I'll leave it here if anyone else may be looking.

https://www.banquetrecords.com/the-charlottes/lovehappy-[rsd20]/RAD8015

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread