Official Record Store Day Thread

6 hours ago, frutiger75 said:

i think the TS 7" may be close to or the most demanded item in RSD history, so unless one got it for free or some such (via lottery, first few in line at list price after extended camping, get extremely lucky in a few hours when random outlets post one copy for sale -- a virtual lottery -- whatever...) this thing isn't going to be a "drop in price over time item" like typical RSD releases. far from it, in my opinion. 

you will not find this on the secondary market under three digits, ever, despite "10,000" pressed." a highly atypical RSD release. hell, the other TS item may not be far behind the 7" in terms of demand. i just don't see it happening re: the 7". i'm afraid you're looking at shelling out a crap-ton of money OOP "forever and always" or "evermore" (lol) unless you were (or will be) extremely lucky in a lottery of some sort, camped out a very long time, or find some idiot in the future on ebay who ends an auction at a stupid time on a random day in the coming days or years. 

i guess one might be able to find a copy online at a record store's online shop when items go live, but one would have to act insanely fast and have a spreadsheet or something ready to roll with links that one can ram through as quickly as humanly possible upon an online onsale.

All of this.  100%.  I mean look at her previous RSD releases and the prices they also command. This will not be under $100 any time soon.

Just now, Rip said:

Got Childish Gambino from Newbury.  I never order from them, so am I good or are they one of those places that lets you place an order but then cancels it a day later cause it’s unavailable?  I’m just a little skeptical because it looked like they had almost everything available to buy.

I’ve never had any problems with orders from them, RSD or otherwise. I’ve been pretty surprised at the inventory that’s been available online at other places this morning too. 

10 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Sound logic to me.

10 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

Knowing Gi Joe GIF by MOODMAN

i guess in a way... its like if someone buys it to flip, yes they make a little but at the same time if only fans bought it then they wouldnt sell it.  so if your a fan and want something you can probably get a better price from someone who doesnt want it and you'd probably have to pay way more for a fellow fan to give it up.

18 hours ago, jhulud said:

Anyone nab an extra Taylor Swift?

I had the last one in the store in my hands but ended up giving it to this girl who was inconsolably in tears when the shop owner told her they were all gone. I overheard the conversation & just broke my heart. The girl is the same age as my niece & reminded me immensely of her. It was obvious she’s more hardcore Swiftie than I & not a flipper. She started crying even more when I gave her the 7”. 

I believe in karma. So there’s my good deed for the year. 😉 

This is amazing and what it is all about. Enjoying music and getting a new generation into it.

12 hours ago, gutterball1 said:

some guy admitted to me he is just buying and flipping and i said people dont like that and he said he was a hero because hes buying records and selling them to fans that want them, that couldnt get them, and now because of him the fans who missed out can now buy them. 

What’s his logic behind the increase in price? If he were truly a hero he wouldn’t Jack up the price. 

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread