Official Record Store Day Thread

10 hours ago, jact16 said:

What’s his logic behind the increase in price? If he were truly a hero he wouldn’t Jack up the price. 

Who said anything about being a hero? That wasn't in your original comment.  

Edit.....well its almost like 12 hours of standing in line left me sleep deprived this weekend.  Yeah I overlooked the word Hero the first time.  Thats on me.  

Edited by stl_ben

3 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Who said anything about being a hero? That wasn't in your original comment.  

What original comment?

i was responding to someone else who said the following (literally copied and pasted from their comment)

“some guy admitted to me he is just buying and flipping and i said people dont like that and he said he was a hero because hes buying records and selling them to fans that want them, that couldnt get them, …”

1 hour ago, jact16 said:

What original comment?

i was responding to someone else who said the following (literally copied and pasted from their comment)

“some guy admitted to me he is just buying and flipping and i said people dont like that and he said he was a hero because hes buying records and selling them to fans that want them, that couldnt get them, …”

Not all heroes live outside of their mother’s basement.  

2 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

Well I suck and slept through everything. Still looking for Kittie.

same here. only difference is i went to the hospital for a back injury this morning. and then when i got home i find out that a swarm of africanized bees took home in my front yard while I was away and had to call an exterminator. But other than that, yeah I missed out on all the fun here...

now where's my damn kittie...

3 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

Well I suck and slept through everything. Still looking for Kittie.

yeah. i'm still after a title. camped out at a large store (that told me they had plenty of copies) overnight, only to be near the front of the line, get in...and find nothing of the sort. raced to a sorta close-by, smaller store to see if it had any, and it did, but sold out by the time i got there. went to a concert last night, stayed up late again, set my alarm, thought i might sleep through it due to lack sleep and...yep. slept through it. woke up about 2 hrs past online sales, and apparently there were a couple sites that had a ton of copies available for quite some time, but were sold out by the time i awoke.

can't believe i may have to resort to a flipper for one of 15,000 copies (not TS), which is absurdly high for RSD (unless someone can help me out w/ some intel or some such). 

oh well, RSD tales of woe, per normal. haha.

8 hours ago, jact16 said:

What’s his logic behind the increase in price? If he were truly a hero he wouldn’t Jack up the price. 

probably to cover the fees.  but its a good point still.  if someone who doesnt care about it buys it, then sell it for whatever they can get rid of it for.  but if only fans bought it then it would take an offer that would have to blow them away to sell it.

3 hours ago, frutiger75 said:

yeah. i'm still after a title. camped out at a large store (that told me they had plenty of copies) overnight, only to be near the front of the line, get in...and find nothing of the sort. raced to a sorta close-by, smaller store to see if it had any, and it did, but sold out by the time i got there. went to a concert last night, stayed up late again, set my alarm, thought i might sleep through it due to lack sleep and...yep. slept through it. woke up about 2 hrs past online sales, and apparently there were a couple sites that had a ton of copies available for quite some time, but were sold out by the time i awoke.

can't believe i may have to resort to a flipper for one of 15,000 copies (not TS), which is absurdly high for RSD (unless someone can help me out w/ some intel or some such). 

oh well, RSD tales of woe, per normal. haha.

What are you after?   I’ve had plenty of people check their stores for me over the past decade here.  I’d be happy to check my store

15 minutes ago, bear801 said:

What are you after?   I’ve had plenty of people check their stores for me over the past decade here.  I’d be happy to check my store

pretty much wallows only. just don't want to pay $100-110+ for it, at least not right now.

trying to find kittie for a few people. seems like that's a bit of a surprise (to me) high-in-demand title for those still on the prowl; for that, i'm not, though. 

really strange. like, there were 17,000 pressed or something of twenty one pilots location sessions last year for one particular drop...they "sold out" virtually everywhere, and as i'm searching for things for people i'm actually seeing it pop up for standard retail price at a few online stores when i check "RSD" inventory (some stores lump everything RSD-related into one hotchpot, others segregate based on past drops! so i don't know what to think.

what i really hate are the "indie" record stores (yes, i realize they are in fact independent), but are DEPENDENT in that they employ that same, universal-looking website/database format for their online stores (most know what i'm talking about), and you haven't a ****'s clue whether they might have a copy or two...or more of something on their actual floor as opposed to the main warehouse database where the website toggles over to "Unavailable" automatically based on the allocation the store was actually given, according to the algorithm.

4 minutes ago, wuhanclan said:

trying to get suede sci fi lullablies shipped from the UK to the US. looks like my best bet is to wait for rough trade to post their unsold inventory friday night local time but if anyone has any EU leads please let me know. 

the reinstatement of the ridiculous week-long UK wait for online sales (suspended during covid over the last two years) is just nagging, and frankly, non-sensical. either the people are eager over the entirety of two weekend days and buy a copy of a title, or they aren't. so why not release leftovers sooner online? 

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread