Official Record Store Day Thread

Hi!

I'm taking trade offers for Skid Row (will cost me 58 EUR/68 USD/53 GBP from local shop). I'm in Moscow so shipping to me/to you will cost around 10 EUR from Europe and I think no more than 20 USD from States.

I don't look for anything particular but would be really interested in YOB "Our Raw Heart" box edition, also Greg Puciato and The Black Queen singles... or something rare from previous drops like Nativity in Black or maybe Spacehog... or just anything that you think is cool... Zao re-issues... also Canadioan hip-hop band Sweatshop Union albums.. Thanks!

Slave to the Grind in 3 shops in Czech Republic in stock for 46 EUR/54 USD + shipping:

https://hudba.heureka.cz/skid-row-rsd-slave-to-the-grind-lp/

(Why this one is so much more expensive in Europe? I haven't noticed such differences with any other releases lately... Is it being pressed in States and imported?)

On 10/24/2020 at 9:59 PM, smailtronic said:

If anybody wants anything from this list, I'm heading there are at 10 tomorrow morning, and can grab whatever you want. Just add 10% for tax and $4 for postage. PM me!

My offer is still on the table for any Drop 3 (or Drop 2 or Drop 1) items you're still looking for. I'm going out this afternoon to get a couple things for folks, so I'll be shipping items out today too. Help me get rid of some mailers and PM me!

2 hours ago, TheDuke said:

For anybody still looking to get that Dirty Three Ocean Songs deluxe pressing, I have received an email from the vendor whom i ordered my copy from, this release has been delayed again...to an unspecified date. At least it's not been cancelled.

Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, apirk said:

Anybody seen the Miles Davis up anywhere?  Thought the pressing was large enough that it wouldn't be hard to find.  There are tons on discogs from overseas sellers but everything in the states is kind of high, probably have to wait this one out

You can try this one and see: https://fingerprintsmusic.tuneportals.com/UPC/194397274714

Hey, i know this is a long shot, but who's doing black friday? I missed out on signing up like a dummy, and was only looking for one record. If anyone could try to grab one for me, that' be awesome.  

Anthrax - Soldiers of Metal 12" Ep

Edited by controlthebleeding

4 hours ago, controlthebleeding said:

Hey, i know this is a long shot, but who's doing black friday? I missed out on signing up like a dummy, and was only looking for one record.

How does one "sign up"? I am trying to figure out how to get Fountains of Wayne- "Welcome Interstate Managers" on RSD Black Friday, and have no idea how to pull that off. I just found out today it is going on sale that day! One of my fav albums of all time, and I would wait in line to get it if I had to, but worried I'm going to have to pay a flipper a fortune to own it. :(

10 hours ago, Alan P said:

How does one "sign up"? I am trying to figure out how to get Fountains of Wayne- "Welcome Interstate Managers" on RSD Black Friday, and have no idea how to pull that off. I just found out today it is going on sale that day! One of my fav albums of all time, and I would wait in line to get it if I had to, but worried I'm going to have to pay a flipper a fortune to own it. :(

well my local record stores had a sign up lottery. i missed it because i was waiting for the sign up and i missed it. freakin' sucks..

16 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Wtf is the sign up for?

The cities where these stores are have a legal limit of how many people can gather at one time.

One method to sell within legal compliance is to have their regular customers enter a lottery, to have a designated number and shopping time.

Plan 9 has been using this method here, and had put a monkey wrench into my usual RSD shopping plans.

Thankfully, I have been able to score my elusive titles elsewhere, without the usual scalper markup. 🤞🏻

Edited by Plarocks

On 11/13/2020 at 11:43 AM, Plarocks said:

The cities where these stores are have a legal limit of how many people can gather at one time.

One method to sell within legal compliance is to have their regular customers enter a lottery, to have a designated number and shopping time.

Plan 9 has been using this method here, and had put a monkey wrench into my usual RSD shopping plans.

Thankfully, I have been able to score my elusive titles elsewhere, without the usual scalper markup. 🤞🏻

Plan 9? You in Virginia? 

6 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Yup! 👍🏻

They had a lot of GREAT stuff in there over the weekend, and it is not even Black Friday yet.

Right on. Same. Did the lottery for RSD Day 2. Deep Groove is my go-to though. I might have to stop in next weekend and check it out. I never go there. Don’t know why. Just always been happy with Deep Groove. Haha. 

13 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Right on. Same. Did the lottery for RSD Day 2. Deep Groove is my go-to though. I might have to stop in next weekend and check it out. I never go there. Don’t know why. Just always been happy with Deep Groove. Haha. 

I think Deep Groove is the one store in Richmond that I have not visited yet.

Between Plan 9, the AMAZING and extensive dollar bin at Steady Sounds, and the sweet deals and depth at Vinyl Conflict, I find that I am tapped out money wise once I am done with those. 😄

After your review, I might have to go to Deep Groove first, next time! 👍🏻

Edited by Plarocks

5 hours ago, MikePortly said:

If it came with a booger out of Keith’s nose it might actually be worth the $100.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHtcd5BH7fy/?igshid=1rdeekt3iknpt

Or maybe some of the ashes from the Universal fire that burned the master tape.

I will stick with my scuffy UK mono pressing. 👍🏻

Edited by Plarocks

28 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

I think Deep Groove is the one store in Richmond that I have not visited yet.

Between Plan 9, the AMAZING and extensive dollar bin at Steady Sounds, and the sweet deals and depth at Vinyl Conflict, I find that I am tapped out money wise once I am done with those. 😄

After your review, I might have to go to Deep Groove first, next time! 👍🏻

And I’ll go to Plan 9! 

Anyone have any tips for what Detroit record store is the most efficient for RSD? I want to go somewhere next Friday to try to snag "Welcome Interstate Managers." I have been to 10 Detroit record stores or so for shopping, but the only one I have visited on RSD is Village Vinyl. That place is the size of the shoebox, but I guess it doesn't matter because I'm going to be spending most of the experience waiting in line outside.

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread