Official Record Store Day Thread

Ahhhh Direct Driver is the out of touch, racist, half wit cop from the PO Thread. Makes perfect sense now.

Going to guess they are a 45+ year old white male from the South that uses the term “good ones” in reference to their, very very few, friends of color and collects Civil War memorabilia because of it’s historical/cultural “relevance”. I can’t even begin to imagine what this dickhole’s collection looks like, fucking yikes.

11 hours ago, Captain Chrismo said:

I appreciate you! Ordered from my local shop.

There is a purple pressing that is up for pre-order on the Rough Trade UK site, but it is VERY expensive. 🤑

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/the-bangles/doll-revolution/lp-plus-x2

I would keep an eye on the Rough Trade US website with fingers crossed.

Edit: Did you see this too?

The Bangles - Sweetheart of the Sun on teal vinyl.

Edited by Plarocks

11 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Ahhhh Direct Driver is the out of touch, racist, half wit cop from the PO Thread. Makes perfect sense now.

Going to guess they are a 45+ year old white male from the South that uses the term “good ones” in reference to their, very very few, friends of color and collects Civil War memorabilia because of it’s historical/cultural “relevance”. I can’t even begin to imagine what this dickhole’s collection looks like, fucking yikes.

Nope it's a troll who needs to let their balls off their leash by lashing out on the internet. I imagine their main account is someone who would never dare to act that way if they thought people knew.

On 2/8/2021 at 10:30 PM, MyEnemy said:

That's a big   y i k e s   from me, sweatie

I firmly believe it's a troll account (and apparently a good), but this is a bit much, man lol

• timsimmons changed the title to Record Store Day 2021 (June 12th) *masks required to post in the thread*
54 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Man. Shit got heated in this thread. 

updated thread title in hopes to calm shit down. 

cheers!  haha

FWIW I doubt they are a troll.  They chased me into DMs and kept arguing about how educated they are.  They were really triggered by me calling them "willfully ignorant".  If they're a troll they're a dead fucking ringer for out of touch boomers.

1 hour ago, daegor said:

cheers!  haha

FWIW I doubt they are a troll.  They chased me into DMs and kept arguing about how educated they are.  They were really triggered by me calling them "willfully ignorant".  If they're a troll they're a dead fucking ringer for out of touch boomers.

Trolls do that. We had one make an Instagram account and update it for a year

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone remember the first RSD where it was just a fun day celebrating stores that were still open in this day and age? When a pressing limited to 2k was available in every shop throughout the weekend to grab at your leisure but still sold out because they limited supply to actual demand instead of well below it? Records kinda suck now lol

On 2/26/2021 at 4:16 PM, Your Ex-Wife said:

Anyone remember the first RSD where it was just a fun day celebrating stores that were still open in this day and age? 

Honestly it was as high-pressure, packed and Black Friday-tier uncomfortable as any other for me. Had never seen so many overpriced vinyl releases either, so I actually feel a big part of the fun of the hobby died that day for me, now that I think about it.

On 2/26/2021 at 2:55 PM, timsimmons said:

the downside to RSD being pushed back 2 months is that we probably won't get our first hint of whats coming until April. 

Considering that there's always a few RSD titles that don't actually materialize (with little attempt at updating the list) each time, maybe that's a good thing. We might see the most accurate RSD list in ages.

Still waiting on that Dirty Three boxset from last year.

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

The best RSD was the second or third one, where the number of releases was pretty big, but it still wasn't bonkers with huge lines and massive flipping. Stuff was still on the shelves for a couple of weeks outside of the releases that were /1000 or less.

Its a little less fun now because everything is a reissue or a live record. Which is fine-ish, but I wish artists maybe did RSD first for real albums. Like if you have a record coming out in late June (or maybe may releases if RSD goes back to April in 2022), maybe there would be a 2 week window where you can buy the vinyl before it lands on a streaming service. 

37 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

Announced that 2021 will again be drops. 

1st 12th June & 2nd 17th July

We're not quite there yet with crystal ball technology, so we're still going to be extra-cautious in 2021 and bring back the RSD DROPS.
June 12 and July 17 will both be street date when great titles are released at indie record stores the world over.
As with the successful RSD Drops dates in 2020, the focus this year is on supporting indie record stores with sales, and saving the big parties, shows, in-stores, crowds and celebrations for (fingers crossed) Record Store Day 2022.
As they did last year for the three RSD Drops, stores will be handling sales and store procedures in the way they determine to be right for themselves and their community and that may mean something different than you're used to. We recommend you check in with your local record stores--join their email lists, follow them on social media-- so you're as in the loop as possible.
We'll be launching the List of titles for both RSD Drops dates soon.

• timsimmons changed the title to Record Store Days 2021 (RSD Drops are returning)

Yeah, so RSD drops are back this summer.

https://recordstoreday.com/News

We've spent the last few months watching the news, listening to health officials, talking with record stores, labels, and RSD organizers the world over, and because we still don't have a magic 8-ball to tell us what things are going to look like in a few months, we've decided the smartest thing to do is bring back the concept of RSD Drops for 2021.

The RSD Drops will take place on June 12 and July 17 at participating stores worldwide.

These are street dates for special titles coming to participating indie record stores. As with the successful RSD Drops dates in 2020, the focus this year is on supporting indie record stores with sales, and saving the big parties, shows, in-stores, crowds and celebrations for (fingers crossed) Record Store Day 2022.

As they did last year for the three RSD Drops, stores will be handling sales and store procedures in the way they determine to be right for themselves and their community and that may mean something different than you're used to. We recommend you check in with your local record stores --join their email lists, follow them on social media-- so you're as in the loop as possible.

We'll be launching the List of titles for both RSD Drops dates soon. 

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread