Official Record Store Day Thread

2 hours ago, rickker said:

"This limited RSD Drops exclusive version of the Meteora double album is pressed on blue vinyl."

As far as I know, this edition should've been participate in RSD 2020, but they found issues after product was already  produced and excluded it from the RSD list.

Can't say I'm too impressed by this lineup but there are definitely a few surprises I'm glad to see.

June 12th:

• From Dayton Ohio & Attic Tapes by Brainiac
  • Drink The Sea/Drink The Sea (Ambient Version) by The Glitch Mob
  • Morningrise by Opeth is a soft maybe, I'll give it a more solid listen and decide
  • Leftovers Again!?! by The Residents could be basically any level of quality, really no way of knowing, but it's a "never before issued on any format" so might just take the gamble
  • Heir To Despair by Sigh is not something I ever would have expected to see on a RSD list but I love it, probably the most exciting thing on the list for me

July 17th:

• Mr. Hood: 30th Anniversary Edition by KMD is the only thing I'm interested in, but it's basically a must-have for me, so guess I'll be going out for a single record

On 4/7/2021 at 1:53 PM, mitchard said:

Classic JJ response. Both of them have pretty hilarious stances on the whole situation.

Seems like all of them don’t agree with the RSD reissue now.  No money or royalties paid to them.. reminds me of SST.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkzn2Np7SU/?igshid=1cg677m7gvvnk

24 minutes ago, curator said:

Seems like all of them don’t agree with the RSD reissue now.  No money or royalties paid to them.. reminds me of SST.

I’m still in.

If they didn’t have their heads up their own asses and weren’t so fuckin out of touch, they’d get the crew back together and just fuckin “Tay Swift” it.

Some real throwbacks to buzzy bands of the past in these. Post to Wire by Richmond Fontaine and The Thrills’ So Much For the City made me pause to see if I remembered anything of substance  about those albums. 

Along the same lines, I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about a repress of WU LYF’s Go Tell Fire to the Mountain, considering how hard it’s been to find on vinyl since it came out. Maybe not a ton of people know about it, but those who like it generally love it. I think it’s UK only but I’m hoping to luck into a copy somehow. 

Edited by dawhizz

22 hours ago, curator said:

Crazy haha. Looks like Rock Hotel was owned by Profile, who is now owned by Sony. They must have botched that contract bad if they are still seeing zero royalties.

On 4/7/2021 at 3:49 PM, ethanpricington said:

Biggest let down and yet another year passes without That Thing You Do! OST...such a bummer. Mondo mentioned at virtual "Mondo-con" last July, that they were getting close and that they'd finished up interviews with cast members for liner notes. Also said the team assured it would be 'this year' (2020). Welp that didn't happen.

*sigh* 

Excited for this eventual release, one of my favorite movies and soundtracks

Haven’t gone there last few years. I’m in the “it’s not as good as it used to be” crowd. 
Steely Dan piques my interest though, might try to get Two Against Nature. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, russtcb said:

There's not a whole lot from other drop that I'm two excited about. 

I do want the Prince release and it should be easy to get with the pressing numbers. I want the King's X releases too but they're not big enough to where those will sell out 

Yeah the only thing for me in July's drop is that KMD record & the R. Stevie Moore boxset, which looks to be an UK thing. That Small Faces comp would be neat too, but I have waaaay too much stuff in June to buy.

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread