Official Record Store Day Thread

I was able to grab my stuff last night from my buddy's shop.  I often supply him with records to sell and had a turntable and records I needed to drop off. 

I grabbed RATM, Pepper, Stryper, Opeth, Joey Ramone and L7.  A few things I wanted like the King's X records have been pushed to the July drop.  I'm jamming RATM now and it sounds solid for a live record.

9 hours ago, danyc said:

A bit early perhaps, but stuck working tomorrow and the only thing I'm after is Tears for Fear, should anyone find one or get an extra? Thanks in advance! 

If I end up going to Amoeba and they allow me to grab 2 I’ll buy one for you. Still not sure I’m heading out tomorrow morning. Will post an update early 

edit - 1 per customer 

I’d be shocked to not see this available online

Edited by hobbesthecat

9 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I was able to grab my stuff last night from my buddy's shop.  I often supply him with records to sell and had a turntable and records I needed to drop off. 

I grabbed RATM, Pepper, Stryper, Opeth, Joey Ramone and L7.  A few things I wanted like the King's X records have been pushed to the July drop.  I'm jamming RATM now and it sounds solid for a live record.

There is suspicion that the Rage album is a rip of the DVD (with censoring). Can you confirm or deny? Thanks in advance. 

3 hours ago, daegor said:

There's a RSD UK release I'm looking for, anyone know of online UK sales/when they might be up?  Zero idea here.

What was it you were after?

All UK stores will be online from 6pm (UK time) Try Resident, Banquet, Rough Trade, Drift. 

Just got all my stuff from Resident (1st in the queue and there are now hundreds)

1 hour ago, IndigoHollow said:

So Senses fail, Alkaline trio and T.a.t.u will be available in June or July? Different websites have different info. 

Just picked up Alkaline Trio and Senses Fail. In and out in 3 minutes after a ten minute wait in line. Can’t complain this year!

Got what I wanted:

Above The Rim

Brotha Lynch Hung

Linkin Park

Slum Village

Tears for Fears

Tons of copies of Meteora at the shop I went to (Newbury Comics in Nashua). I was probably 30th in line, arrived shortly after 7 and got the one Brotha Lynch Hung they had. They also only received two Slum Village. 

Edited by pizza face

only thing i was interested in waiting in line for was the Engine Kid box set. My local store had it in their inventory before I left this morning but shortly after the first group of customers entered the store, it changed to sold out. womp womp. dont want to say flippers but...flippers hahaha

• timsimmons changed the title to Official Record Store Day Thread