New Bright Eyes Album 2020

Proposal:

I'm an avid Bright Eyes/ Oberst fan. I don't have the faintest clue when the pre-order will drop. I may be free to check and order. I may not. Does anyone wanna "partner up" so we can double down to make sure we get whatever extreme bundle Dead Oceans has? I know they often do limited bundles (kinda like Saddle Creek did with People's Key). 

I want that, and I'm sure others do too. 

Worst case we miss it, best case we end up with 4 orders and have to cancel one.

1 hour ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Proposal:

I'm an avid Bright Eyes/ Oberst fan. I don't have the faintest clue when the pre-order will drop. I may be free to check and order. I may not. Does anyone wanna "partner up" so we can double down to make sure we get whatever extreme bundle Dead Oceans has? I know they often do limited bundles (kinda like Saddle Creek did with People's Key). 

Worst case we miss it, best case we end up with 4 orders and have to cancel one.

I'd be into this. 

On 1/27/2020 at 7:41 AM, Fowty Dollaz said:

Proposal:

But wouldn't this make it worse for others like yourself (and me) that wanted to get in on an early preorder? 

48 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

But wouldn't this make it worse for others like yourself (and me) that wanted to get in on an early preorder? 

Not if Veggie orders for me and him because I was working. Or vice versa. Then we each get one. If we both order, we can just cancel one. "Oops Dead Oceans, I accidentally ordered 2."

1 hour ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Not if Veggie orders for me and him because I was working. Or vice versa. Then we each get one. If we both order, we can just cancel one. "Oops Dead Oceans, I accidentally ordered 2."

Right but imagine if 5000 people did that. Think of all the duplicate orders that would prevent others from ordering until they're canceled. The more people to subscribe to your system makes the system worse for everyone else that has your original issue.

Imagine you're 6th in line for something there's only 10 of and the 5 people in front of you order 2.

Edited by deftbarley

8 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

Right but imagine if 5000 people did that. Think of all the duplicate orders that would prevent others from ordering until they're canceled. The more people to subscribe to your system makes the system worse for everyone else that has your original issue.

Imagine you're 6th in line for something there's only 10 of and the 5 people in front of you order 2.

Jesus Christ man, 5000 people aren’t going to do this. And this release has almost no chance of having some sort of insane /500 or less variant/edition so these small handful of people that are being overly cautious aren’t going to stop anyone from getting what they want. Relax.

2 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Jesus Christ man, 5000 people aren’t going to do this. And this release has almost no chance of having some sort of insane /500 or less variant/edition so these small handful of people that are being overly cautious aren’t going to stop anyone from getting what they want. Relax.

Don't assume I'm fired up about this. I'm just pointing out that it's part of the problem. Why are these handful of people more important than the person they may prevent from getting one?

8 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

Why are these handful of people more important than the person they may prevent from getting one?

Because that filthy casual isn’t taking the time to coordinate a tag-team PO on Vinyl Collective.  Go big or go home.

48 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

Don't assume I'm fired up about this. I'm just pointing out that it's part of the problem. Why are these handful of people more important than the person they may prevent from getting one?

If this was a situation where these couple of people were actually affecting anyone else then we could discuss who is more important. It isn’t though so you don’t need to get worked up about it and I shouldn’t need be telling you to relax.

This isn’t sneaker collective where /10000 pairs of a shoe are going into the world with 100,000 collectors who want them and poor bastards without a bot can’t get a pair while resellers scoop up dozens. It’s just not that serious this time. 

4 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

If this was a situation where these couple of people were actually affecting anyone else then we could discuss who is more important. It isn’t though so you don’t need to get worked up about it and I shouldn’t need be telling you to relax.

This isn’t sneaker collective where /10000 pairs of a shoe are going into the world with 100,000 collectors who want them and poor bastards without a bot can’t get a pair while resellers scoop up dozens. It’s just not that serious this time. 

Right? I haven’t seen people act like this in years on here when drops were actually difficult and things would sell out in minutes. 

9 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Haha. I'm not worked up and it doesn't matter how many will be pressed. They're under the assumption it will sell out (regardless of pressings) so their plan will prevent someone from getting one. Only under their assumption and context. I agree with you in that I don't think anyone here will have a problem getting one but they are saying I want to make sure I get one even if that prevents someone else from getting one that is able to order before me.

Edited by deftbarley

8 minutes ago, veggiecorecords said:

Teamwork makes the dream work - at least we're actual fans and not flippers.  There's also the worst case scenario where we both miss the PO and both miss out...

I’m gonna order 10+ copies “for the board” just so that 9+ casuals miss out. I’ll then never actually sell them so that I’m not a filthy flipper.

1 minute ago, dantheriver said:

I’m gonna order 10+ copies “for the board” just so that 9+ casuals miss out. I’ll then never actually sell them so that I’m not a filthy flipper.

Most good labels have a 2 copies per person rule on limited stuff - not certain what Dead Oceans policy is.