New Bright Eyes Album 2020

Just now, lethalenforcer said:

Surely numbered. Guessing that's all.

VMP's and Newbury's look the shittiest.

Gotcha, and I agree completely. That German version rules, but I already have like 4 different copies (2 are the same just for a goddamn signed print)

Unrelated, I found this picture of me online 

Sucker GIF | Gfycat

1 minute ago, craigeduk said:

Variants:

Black

Orange & Red - retail

Blue & Red - uk indies

Clear & Red - Newbury (/750)

Clear & Starburst Blue/Red - Secretly Society

Teal & Red - German retailers

Clear & Orange - VMP (/???)

+7 inch in bundles or on its own

VMP's looks teal and orange.

So they just made blue, red, orange, clear, and teal discs and divvied them up to various retailers, saving the only unique disc (splatter) for SS.

1 minute ago, axisrecapital said:

I think the starburst from Secretly Society will be the hardest to get.  Anybody know what other records are coming down the pipe for members if I bit the bullet to get a copy...or do you have to already be a member to get it and I missed the boat?

can you do ANY of your own research?

1 minute ago, axisrecapital said:

I think the starburst from Secretly Society will be the hardest to get.  Anybody know what other records are coming down the pipe for members if I bit the bullet to get a copy...or do you have to already be a member to get it and I missed the boat?

Jason Molina is next month (July)

4 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

With SS memberships, can you swamp like VMP? If I don’t want to Molina release for July, but am technically signing up for Bright Eyes, could I pick an older exclusive as my July record? Or that’s not a thing?

No idea, but I don't THINK, based on looking at the website, that it's a thing. Also, there is Michael's route. I mean sell each one for $20 and then you've spent $20 on the SS variant. NBD.

I signed up for Secretly Society for the first time recently to get the Molina release. Did 3 months. At $20/month inclusive of shipping, along with the right to skip a release if you want, it's a really good deal. I'm not a bright eyes fan but a 2xLP shipped as part of this gives me a reason to give a fresh listen to them. 

I guess my point is I'm impressed. Not a fan of subscriptions but this is working. If you want that variant, sign up. Anyone check out that Porridge Radio album? I like the single I heard but have been hesitating to order it. 

Just now, Fowty Dollaz said:

No idea, but I don't THINK, based on looking at the website, that it's a thing. Also, there is Michael's route. I mean sell each one for $20 and then you've spent $20 on the SS variant. NBD.

It says in the faq you have the option to skip one record every 6 months any emailing them.

1 minute ago, jerseydave77 said:

I signed up for Secretly Society for the first time recently to get the Molina release. Did 3 months. At $20/month inclusive of shipping, along with the right to skip a release if you want, it's a really good deal. I'm not a bright eyes fan but a 2xLP shipped as part of this gives me a reason to give a fresh listen to them. 

I guess my point is I'm impressed. Not a fan of subscriptions but this is working. If you want that variant, sign up. Anyone check out that Porridge Radio album? I like the single I heard but have been hesitating to order it. 

The Porridge Radio record is great and you should give them a listen to. 

Just now, fondfarewell said:

Can someone confirm that any sign-up for the SS between now and the end of July will get the Bright Eyes LP (with a sign-up in June starting with Molina and a sign-up in July starting with BE)?

I emailed them and as soon as I hear back, I'll update you, but probably yes.

Just now, fondfarewell said:

Can someone confirm that any sign-up for the SS between now and the end of July will get the Bright Eyes LP (with a sign-up in June starting with Molina and a sign-up in July starting with BE)?

I’m not sure but I feel like you wouldn’t get June, I’m thinking July, August, September?

but even if you got June you’d get bright eyes because June, July, August 

3 minutes ago, Michaelgetsboss said:

I’m not sure but I feel like you wouldn’t get June, I’m thinking July, August, September?

but even if you got June you’d get bright eyes because June, July, August 

Yeah, it starts next month, so you're correct there. That much I know.

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

FWIW I just signed up for the International sub and...

PLEASE NOTE: SECRETLY SOCIETY SHIPMENTS GO OUT IN THE FIRST FULL WEEK OF EACH MONTH. EACH SUBSCRIPTION BEGINS SHIPPING THE MONTH FOLLOWING THE "SUBSCRIPTION START DATE." SO, FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU SIGN UP ON JULY 1ST YOUR FIRST ALBUM WILL SHIP IN AUGUST.

- Sub starts today, so Molina will be the first record you get

Also to note:

- No swapsies

- You can add up to 4 additional items to any monthly shipment to qualify for free shipping

- Their website doesn't work properly with Safari (just wanted to mention this much - yes I should use a different browser)

Edited by mrdoctor

Just now, drewberinger said:

so just to make sure I'm reading this right - if you sign up today for the SS club the Bright Eyes album won't ship to you till the first week of September?

actually in their FAQs it says that new releases usually ship out about a week early for US (2 for international) so that it arrives on time. I don't think it's quite structured like VMP. 

1 minute ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

actually in their FAQs it says that new releases usually ship out about a week early for US (2 for international) so that it arrives on time. I don't think it's quite structured like VMP. 

ah that makes sense - I didn't put two and two together that mrdoctor is international so thus it'd take longer. duh.