New Bright Eyes Album 2020

21 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Snagged with the quickness, thanks!

33 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Ughhh what's another $35 to have an additional variant of this in my collection? Went ahead and ordered it. 

Edit: Had to look up what an obi was, pretty interesting. I wonder what text it'll have printed on it.

Edited by tatom

Are those white spots on the orange vinyl the same character as on the album art? I dont see any mention of there being an etching or a screen print on the record so I'm curious what that is 

Edit- nvm it is an etching, I went and read the fine print

Edited by CatsNJazz

1 minute ago, jrodan said:

you can't "pull" a download from soulseek, as its a direct p2p service.

Not pulled in the sense that an authority had it removed, but if the original uploader took it down or opted to stop sharing it, and anyone who downloaded it hasn't felt like uploading it yet, I'd say that it's effectively been pulled off of the service.  No?

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Not pulled in the sense that an authority had it removed, but if the original uploader took it down or opted to stop sharing it, and anyone who downloaded it hasn't felt like uploading it yet, I'd say that it's effectively been pulled off of the service.  No?

Yeah, I'm not seeing it on there either. 

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

seems like a semantic stretch to say pulled, but if that is how you meant it and you have now explained how you are using the term "pull" in this instance, then i understand what you meant. 

41 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Not even a quality, thematic one, either.  If that mockup is to be believed, it looks like a giant advert for TTL.  Throws off the symmetry of the album art, too.

Right, <s>I believe the "sun" or orb thing at the bottom of the artwork is different than the others but nothing drastic, like it has a foil stamp or something. </s> That obi looks a generic as hell and only has the track list and pressing info on it. It's like that brown paper bag that came with the Deja repress but someone even more pointless.

Edit: nevermind, that sun is cutout on all the sleeves showing the record within

1 hour ago, jrodan said:

seems like a semantic stretch to say pulled, but if that is how you meant it and you have now explained how you are using the term "pull" in this instance, then i understand what you meant. 

Is everything good?  This is like the third thing you’ve tried to correct me on today, haha.  If I’ve wronged you at some point I apologize.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Is everything good?  This is like the third thing you’ve tried to correct me on today, haha.  If I’ve wronged you at some point I apologize.

Lol, i mean, you have been wrong 2.5 times and I was just trying to help. No hard feelings. You still have great taste in music. :) 

Eh, went with the Bullmoose indie variant.  Saved $10 and won't be charged until it ships. Would've been down for the TTL exclusive if looked cooler, but honestly all these variants are so-so and look the same  to me (with the exception of that fancy splatter subscription one, or the German one) lol.

2 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Eh, went with the Bullmoose indie variant.  Saved $10 and won't be charged until it ships. Would've been down for the TTL exclusive if looked cooler, but honestly all these variants are so-so and look the same  to me (with the exception of that fancy splatter subscription one, or the German one) lol.

Yeah, the German one is top notch, but SPLATTURZ always get me. Thanks TRAVIS! 

22 hours ago, Cheer Up Charlie said:

long time BE fan, unfortunately none of the songs I've heard from this album are doing much for me. going to hold off to see if it's a grower.

This is me, sadly. It’s strange to think I may have aged out of BE (especially since Conor and I are the same age), but this is missing the messy, weird (and borderline silly) energy I used to associate with them. Maybe it’ll come together in the final product, but I’m holding off. 

• 2 weeks later...

Prints from the ‘Mariana Trench’ video are up on their Bandcamp.  $25 a pop, couldn’t pass one up.  All the funds are going to the NAACP legal fund as well and I believe BC is waiving their fees again today (7/3)

https://brighteyes.bandcamp.com/merch/mariana-trench-hand-illustrated-print

21 minutes ago, curator said:

Prints from the ‘Mariana Trench’ video are up on their Bandcamp.  $25 a pop, couldn’t pass one up.  All the funds are going to the NAACP legal fund as well and I believe BC is waiving their fees again today (7/3)

https://brighteyes.bandcamp.com/merch/mariana-trench-hand-illustrated-print

Had to get one too, I was hoping they'd sell them once I saw the video!

On 6/23/2020 at 9:12 PM, Shitty Rambo said:

Did the same. Was too easy and don’t have to worry or think about pressing numbers this way either.