New Bright Eyes Album 2020

2 hours ago, deftbarley said:

Anyone listen to the leak?

Just finished it. It was missing a song and the quality was a little low but I really enjoyed it. Better than the singles for sure. Hot Car In The Sun, Calais to Dover and Stairwell Song are my favorites. There's a lot of moments and melodies that sound like old school Lifted era Bright Eyes. 

Edited by museummouth

15 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

There is just no part of me that enjoys leaks anymore. I'd rather wait to get a physical copy and give it a solid spin than listen to low quality leaks nowadays.

I feel that. Leaks for me these days go something like this. "oh look what just got sent to me. I'm working with headphones and could use something to listen to"

That's about it. I don't get super excited for leaks but also releases have kind of blurred too and I'm not that excited. So now I just hear it when I hear it. Sometimes it's months after the release before I have a chance to really listen and sometimes it's before. I buy a ton of records, I have an apple music subscription. I'm either going to buy it or not. Hearing it early makes no difference either way.

With the state of Covid on top of mail delays, ain’t nobody got time to wait until November to hear a record for the first time on vinyl when it was released a week ago on Spotify and leaked a month before that.  Or at least I don’t.  I’m too impatient to hear albums I’m stoked on and too eager to know if I need to cancel my pre-order on records I’ve rolled the dice with.  I won’t bother with low quality or incomplete leaks though.  Not cheapening the first listen, which is usually done with heightened focus and no interruptions.  Seems pointless if I’m ingesting an album at 96 kbps.

2 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

There is just no part of me that enjoys leaks anymore. I'd rather wait to get a physical copy and give it a solid spin than listen to low quality leaks nowadays.

I usually don't anymore mainly because leaks happen so close to release, it's like I can wait one week or so but I was on the fence about canceling my PO for this since the singles didn't really grab me. 

I'm actually going to wait. I have enough copies on the way that I can. I've only listened to each single 1-2 times. I'm honestly most excited for the MT video paintings. I ordered 2 hoping for nice frames. I'll eventually sit down with headphones, a beer or 2, and the record. I can't wait, but I'm happy to, if ya get my drift.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

With the state of Covid on top of mail delays, ain’t nobody got time to wait until November to hear a record for the first time on vinyl when it was released a week ago on Spotify and leaked a month before that.  Or at least I don’t.  I’m too impatient to hear albums I’m stoked on and too eager to know if I need to cancel my pre-order on records I’ve rolled the dice with.  I won’t bother with low quality or incomplete leaks though.  Not cheapening the first listen, which is usually done with heightened focus and no interruptions.  Seems pointless if I’m ingesting an album at 96 kbps.

Ah, yeah. I find myself rolling the dice on stuff less and less lately. I think I'm at that point in my life where I can usually see where I'm going to land with a band after a single or two, and my collection is getting large enough that I'm running out of space if I don't want to build floor to ceiling shelving in my record room. (I mean, I'd love to do this, but the wife probably wouldn't go for a big project like that.)

4 hours ago, deftbarley said:

I feel that. Leaks for me these days go something like this. "oh look what just got sent to me. I'm working with headphones and could use something to listen to"

That's about it. I don't get super excited for leaks but also releases have kind of blurred too and I'm not that excited. So now I just hear it when I hear it. Sometimes it's months after the release before I have a chance to really listen and sometimes it's before. I buy a ton of records, I have an apple music subscription. I'm either going to buy it or not. Hearing it early makes no difference either way.

I still haven't even listened to that newest Weeknd record. I'm just going to wait it out until it gets here in like a year. I mostly ordered it because my wife is into his stuff anyway.

1 hour ago, Germs said:

I had no idea it leaked and am tempted now. I REALLY hope it is better than the last three singles. I love Persona Non Grata but really didn’t enjoy the other ones. I already preordered it, so I guess listening early doesn’t really matter. Still very curious though. 

It's like 10 days away. You're SO CLOSE. I'd at the very least, wait for Spotify or something that sounds okay. That's just me though.