New Bright Eyes Album 2020

3 minutes ago, tatom said:

Finally got my prints and my Newbury order! The watercolor prints looks so real. Does anyone know if they're actual paintings or if they're printed?

They are the actual paintings used to make the video. There are 2200 different paintings. I just keep calling them prints because my brain is stupid.

Just now, Fowty Dollaz said:

They are the actual paintings used to make the video. There are 2200 different paintings. I just keep calling them prints because my brain is stupid.

Wow, I had no idea. I just assumed they were copies and the art from the music video was digitally done. Certainly makes each one more special.

4 hours ago, Astro-man said:

Did you hear that direct from recordstore.co.uk? I'm still waiting for my copy.

They sent an email on 8/20 that said:

Hi there,

Thanks for buying the new Bright Eyes album Down In The Weeds from Recordstore.

I’m not sure how closely you’ve been following the news, but Trump’s dismantling of the US postal service has meant that our signed prints are taking a little longer to reach us from Los Angeles than we first expected.

All the LPs and CDs are with us and ready to go, and we’ll send them out as soon as the prints land. These are currently scheduled to land with us Wednesday next week.

25 minutes ago, tatom said:

They sent an email on 8/20 that said:

Hi there,

Thanks for buying the new Bright Eyes album Down In The Weeds from Recordstore.

I’m not sure how closely you’ve been following the news, but Trump’s dismantling of the US postal service has meant that our signed prints are taking a little longer to reach us from Los Angeles than we first expected.

All the LPs and CDs are with us and ready to go, and we’ll send them out as soon as the prints land. These are currently scheduled to land with us Wednesday next week.

Good to know. That email didn't make it to me.

Just now, Fowty Dollaz said:

I only didn't buy the VMP variant and German variant. :wacko: Shit is wild. I literally think I am insane.

That actually makes me feel better because I didn't buy the VMP or german too haha forgot how many there are already.  It is nice I was able to listen to the record and then buy the newbury/TTL variants after I knew it was really fuckin' good. 

18 minutes ago, veggiecorecords said:

That actually makes me feel better because I didn't buy the VMP or german too haha forgot how many there are already.  It is nice I was able to listen to the record and then buy the newbury/TTL variants after I knew it was really fuckin' good. 

did the same

The album's alright. Needs more listens. I'm not really a fan of they guitar tone on "Calais to Dover." Doesn't really fit in with the rest of the record. Also wish there could have been one track leaning towards upbeat and pop-esque like Triple Spiral or Four Winds. Overall, the album is pretty consistent though.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CVHX said:

just got my copy with the signed "print" which is just a fucking 3x5 card with a pic of the guys.. 

wouldnt have bought a second copy if i knew this was the signed print lol

This "print" is so lame haha. Doesn't even look like they used the right type of marker, the ink on mine is all coming off. lol

I'm with you, definitely would not have bought this copy if I knew that the print looked like this. 

spacer.png

Edited by tatom

Happy to hear folks received the 7" with their TTL order. It wasn't included in mine, so I guess this wasn't a bonus with all 300(?) copies - or I'm the anomaly. Wish there were more places to buy the single other than the BE website... with shipping comes to $20 for me domestic... I make more frivolous/impulsive  vinyl buys than I'd like to count but can't bring myself to drop $20 on a new 7" for one b-side.

Immediate reaction was disappointment in the packaging... was hoping for something  a bit more creative (or at least heavy stock gatefold like Salutations) but whatever... I got a new BE record in 2020 and it grows a bit more with me on every spin. Still can't extend that level of gratitude to a $20 single.