Polvo Reissues

The wait is over: Merge will reissue the first two albums from Chapel Hill’s endlessly influential and dearly missed POLVO on February 28!

Their 1992 debut Cor-Crane Secret (listen) is pressed on blue & white Peak Vinyl, and its 1993 follow-up Today’s Active Lifestyles (listen) is pressed on red & mustard yellow Peak Vinyl. Both limited-edition reissues feature updated-but-familiar artwork; the former showcases rare posters and ephemera from the band’s archive while the latter includes never-before-seen photos.

Reserve your copies of these seminal albums in the Merge store. Polvo superfans, check out our store exclusive 3-LP bundle which adds the band’s newly expanded self-titled EP on translucent teal vinyl, previously only available as a bonus item with our 2019 Born Under a Good Sign subscription series. Hurry—we only have 150 of these sets available!

https://www.mergerecords.com/polvo-reissues-bundle

Was able to get the expanded self-titled EP from Rough Trade. I'll wait to get the Peak versions of Cor-Crane and Today's in store. I hope Merge issue This Eclipse on vinyl. And hopefully Touch & Go get around to reissuing Exploded Drawing and maybe remastering Shapes. The latter two are the only ones I need.

2 hours ago, glass realms said:

Always good if you can get records for less, but it should be noted that Merge offers free U.S. shipping with every order regardless of total

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

In Prism is finally getting a re-pressing, available on 11/18 in either yellow or black vinyl! By far their finest work, I believe.

No mention of it on the Merge site yet (they're notoriously slow to update this kind of stuff in my experience) but if you search these UPCs you can find a few pre-order links:

Yellow vinyl: 673855036007

Black: 673855036014

Edited by jason202

34 minutes ago, glass realms said:

Looks like it's gonna be a single LP reissue. I have an OG double LP press so I'll likely pass. But I really hope Touch and Go do a remastered reissue of Exploded Drawing reinstating the gatefold sleeve.

The black vinyl carries the same UPC number as the original vinyl, so who knows. I'd forgotten that the original was 2LP at 45RPM. It's one of my most coveted albums so I don't play it very often.

Edited by jason202

• 2 weeks later...