Furnace Fest 2020

I’m surprised there’s not a post for this yet. 

Furnace Fest (2000-2003) is having a one-off fest in 2020.

lots of bands reuniting to play. Almost half the lineup has been released since December. 

Sept 18-20 Birmingham, AL

August Burns Red
The Beautiful Mistake
Beloved
Better Off
Boysetsfire
The Casket Lottery
Cave In
Codeseven
Converge
Evergreen Terrace
Few Left Standing
Further Seems Forever
Glasseater
Haste
Hopesfall
Hot Water Music
Knocked Loose
Life In Your Way
Living Sacrifice
Luxury
Misery Signals
Norma Jean
SeeYouSpaceCowboy
Shai Hulud
Unearth
With Honor
Zao

www.furnacefest2020.com

1 hour ago, diabretic said:

It's shaping up to be pretty cool, but they need to announce more current, relevant bands for me to be interested in the outrageous ticket prices. This shit is 10 minutes up the road from me and I still can't justify the price right now.

Funny,  I seriously consider to have a budget of $1400 for this one and planning my trip from Europe. This line up  would definitely worth the effort.

2 hours ago, anchorlessbodies said:

Funny,  I seriously consider to have a budget of $1400 for this one and planning my trip from Europe. This line up  would definitely worth the effort.

That's insane but awesome that Birmingham will have an event like this. If you want any tips for during your time here don't hesitate to PM me!

9 hours ago, diabretic said:

It's shaping up to be pretty cool, but they need to announce more current, relevant bands for me to be interested in the outrageous ticket prices. This shit is 10 minutes up the road from me and I still can't justify the price right now.

Oddly enough, I have the opposite feeling. The lineup is rad, but I have no interest in going to Birmingham

I never went to Furnace Fest back in the day, even though my college wasn't but a four hour drive from it. That being said, I don't think going now will make as many memories for me as it would have back then. But here I am with way more disposable income and the resources to enjoy myself (like getting a hotel room instead of crashing on friend's floors). 

Isn't there a football game there that weekend that's going to require getting accommodations early?

2 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

I never went to Furnace Fest back in the day, even though my college wasn't but a four hour drive from it. That being said, I don't think going now will make as many memories for me as it would have back then. But here I am with way more disposable income and the resources to enjoy myself (like getting a hotel room instead of crashing on friend's floors). 

Isn't there a football game there that weekend that's going to require getting accommodations early?

I booked a hotel through Marriott, not prepaid and I can cancel right before.  Got it just in case. Though I think airbnb will be the way to go. 

11 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

Yup, UGA is coming to T-Town to play. that being said, there's a lot of hotels here. I honestly don't think it will be that big of a problem.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:43 AM, diabretic said:

Just looked at the price and it is silly expensive. Do you expect single day tickets to be released at some point

Unfortunately, ~$250 for a 3 day fest is pretty normal these days. Also, you have to consider that this is a one time thing. No way to make up profit the following year like most fests do. Also, the bands are significantly more expensive to book than they were 20 years ago. In fact, I’m pretty sure a ton of them played for free back in the day. Now, many of them have to be paid enough to take the time to get together and rehearse and travel to the fest to play. 

7 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

Just looked at the price and it is silly expensive. Do you expect single day tickets to be released at some point

At one point they said they would release single day tickets, however I need to see a schedule so I can decide which single day I want to go to. They could get the fuckin' beatles to come play and that price would still be too high.

23 minutes ago, dreamover said:

Unfortunately, ~$250 for a 3 day fest is pretty normal these days. Also, you have to consider that this is a one time thing. No way to make up profit the following year like most fests do. Also, the bands are significantly more expensive to book than they were 20 years ago. In fact, I’m pretty sure a ton of them played for free back in the day. Now, many of them have to be paid enough to take the time to get together and rehearse and travel to the fest to play. 

$250 for 3 days typically means a band the size and cost of Pearl Jam, foo fighters, Dave Matthews was playing. 

I grabbed a ticket and a cancelable hotel too. Not 100% sure I'm going, but I figure I'll be able to re-sell the ticket if I don't go.

Re: price bitching, previously FF said they're only selling 3000 3-day passes. Have to assume that's contributing to the higher per-ticket price.

Edited by smailtronic

I'm pretty freaking jazzed on this.  Wish I had $$$ when the initial tickets went up.   Hopefully I will have funds to snag tickets when the next round goes up.   I would be surprised if some of these bands didn't end up playing the Firehouse or Saturn for after-parties or pre-shows as well.  

21 hours ago, birdwell said:

I'm pretty freaking jazzed on this.  Wish I had $$$ when the initial tickets went up.   Hopefully I will have funds to snag tickets when the next round goes up.   I would be surprised if some of these bands didn't end up playing the Firehouse or Saturn for after-parties or pre-shows as well.  

The real question is how do we get non-FF Alabama bands like Lee Bains and the Haints to also play Birmingham that weekend...

2 hours ago, smailtronic said:

The real question is how do we get non-FF Alabama bands like Lee Bains and the Haints to also play Birmingham that weekend...

That is a GREAT question actually. 

PS that "new" Arkam release The Wippers.....i know it's kind-of a joke band for Joey....but I think it's the only release so far that I absolutely do not like at all.

Never caught The Juliana Theory back in the day.....but I do dig that album.  Avail I also never caught back in the day.    Not a huge AWK fan, though his live shows are fun as hell....and Comeback Kid I've seen more times than I care about at this point if I'm being honest